[PC] Evolve

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[PC] Evolve

Postby Shuriken on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Surprised there isn't a thread for this yet. If you don't know, Evolve is an upcoming game from the L4D team that pits a group of people against an evolving badass monster. Hunting the beast will be lots of fun but I imagine the real gem of the game will be playing the beast yourself, hunting lesser prey to evolve into a fire breathing titan. I'm going to be getting it on release, no doubt.

This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Re: [PC] Evolve

Postby Wizav on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 pm

I completely forgot about this game, it looks awesome fun but i'm going to wait and see what content it has before i get it. The devs said there would be dozens of different maps/arenas with different environments and monster types. The L4D special infected were all fun and unique and the maps were all solid so i'm really looking forward to see what they come up with. I love the fact that the monster starts off weak and has to evade the hunters and hide until it can evolve and become stronger, should be a lot of pressure and fear on the hunters to find it quickly before they become the hunted.

I really hate spiders so i'm hoping for a spider monster on a map with lots of caves , fog and hidden tunnels so it can just pop out of nowhere and grab people. The tank and witch were scary, but that would just be terrifying :cheers:

What kind of monster/map combos are you hoping for?

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Shuriken on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm

A full match in an interactive trailer :)

Little disappointed with the auto-aim weapons =\

Looking at the local flora/fauna I really want something like a funnel web spider trap on the ceiling now too lol. I hope they add some more meaty monsters, seems like it's either trash or it 1 hits you with no middle ground.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Nish on Sun May 04, 2014 11:07 am

Me and my classmates are really interessted in this, it looks pretty cool.

And there aren't enough horror 4vX games out there.
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Nish
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby Shuriken on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Delayed til 2015 :(

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Kaelan002 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:57 am

And there I was making a new thread.

Anyone else get an invite for the "Big Alpha" beta? It's going live tomorrow.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary, those that don't, and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.

[video =373,150]http://a.pomf.se/ixefrf.webm[/video] Now shhhh Kaelan... OOOOOOH
pomf.se is ded. :'(
Kaelan002
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Kae
STEAM_0:1:29878923

Postby EWJ on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:01 am

nope. played this at i series. quite enjoyable but you hope to hell

A: your team arent newbs

b: the monster isn't a newb

either of the above will result in RQ
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Shuriken on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:31 am

I got in \o/

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Binerexis on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:13 am

Are there still sign-ups for it?

Gave it a good go at iSeries as the monster and it was a LOT of fun. I don't really think that the noobishness of team mates or the monster is going to be too much of an issue, however, as it seems near impossible for either side to cock up that spectacularly.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Shuriken on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 am

I'm not sure if there are, but this is what I used last week: http://www.pcgamer.com/evolve-big-alpha ... lpha-here/

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby EWJ on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:25 am

Just used this key and referral code. Fingers crossed.40655-25380-23613,PolygonGoneHunting
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby sphinx on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 am

Played it last night, was alright. Match making took forever tho.
Lots of player have no clue what to do which pretty much ruined the experience for me thus far.. Will try later tonight with a few friends, should be more fun.

Got 1 Xbox One code left if anyone wants it.
sphinx
Old Timer

Player: Sphinx.
STEAM_0:0:8528594

Postby EWJ on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Got a code there. I'll try download it and go on later.
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby EWJ on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:30 pm

and I somehow stopped the download.. only 3 hours to go!
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby 13th Nightmare on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:06 am

I got access to the Pre-Alpha. When I get a game or two under my belt I will let you know what I think of it. But what I have seen of the game video wise, it does look quite good
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ i55
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Binerexis on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:22 am

I'm hoping it's still active (checking it all now) but if you download and load up Curse Voice, you can get access through a banner click.

Never used Curse Voice, I doubt I'll use it much but it's nice to see that there's some form of voice chat in game.

EDIT: Yep, this works.

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Shuriken on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:13 am

I tried playing last night but the one game I managed to join was crippled by lag :(

I imagine it's fun without lag though, the trapper seemed to be pretty agile and the mobile arena is awesome fun

Edit: Have some extra codes if anyone needs one

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Binerexis on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:58 am

Aaaaaaaaaaand the graphics card on this computer is too old. Will have to try it out on the other PC at a later date.

Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby EWJ on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 pm

tried it there.. wsa the monster.. game crashed after 20 seconds.. had to ctrl-alt-dell to get out of it. cant change the res above 1280 either. tried again in win mode and wouldnt load a map.. I'll leave it be till full release.
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Shuriken on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Got a few games in this morning, turned AA off and graphics to medium and I can finally run it fine. 2 games as the goliath, apparently my natural immensity traslates directly into being a giant on screen too. Rock smash is my favourite thing in the world. Couple of games as the trapper, without lag popping the mobile arena is amazing. Even though I got trapped twice at lvl 2 I managed to eat the entire team, I don't know if people know that they can get out of the dome while it's up lol

Shuriken
Old Timer

Next

Return to Gamer's Retreat