[PC] Evolve

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC] Evolve

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:11 am

Sorry for the huge bumpy bump but Evolve is going F2P with a complete overhaul.. https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/07/evolve ... shitstorm/
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby Binerexis on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:23 pm

What exactly is changing? What's the payment model going to give people?
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby 13th Nightmare on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Played a few matches and I have to admit that I really like the game now. As opposed to when the game was just a total dlc mess. Think it's the only game that has had 2 season passes for it.

The game itself is now Free 2 Play, you get rewards for logging in daily, gain coins doing challenges, playing the game etc. Which in turn can be used in the game store to purchase hunters, skins, perks and monsters. Each week there will be 4 hunters and 1 monster unlocked for you to play. I think the best way to describe it is like the hero selection in League of Legends. You get a free rotation each week and it changes week in, week out. And you can use the coins you collect to purchase hunters and monsters to add them to your roster. Best guess will be that it'll be 1 hunter from each of the 4 classes each week and 1 monster. Really don't see them having 4 assaults and 1 monsters one week. As well as a tonne of updates which I won't even begin to list.

Whilst the game itself is now 100% free to play, I don't know if at some point they will decide to add an option for you to spend actual money in the game or not. But I applaud the developers going down the free to play route and breathing new life into what was pretty much a dead game. With it going F2P will bring a lot of new players into the game and old players back to it. Chances are there will be the odd person who won't be happy with it going down the F2P route and say they should have just let the game die. But I'm willing to give it a go. Feels more like I can load the game up, have a quick match and quit the game
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ i55
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Previous

Return to Gamer's Retreat