[PC/XB1/PS4] Star Wars Battlefront

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC/XB1/PS4] Star Wars Battlefront

Postby Salva on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:14 pm

Well they have said they will make it easier for Rebels on Hoth, which in my eyes is a terrible thing to do, people just need to actually learn the game mechanics.

If you maintain air superiority you can easily use 2 or 3 x-wings to kill an AT-AT during the first vulnerability stage.
An orbital strike will do 50% damage to an AT-AT
Focused fire and ion grenades and you can again take one down per Vulnerability stage.
If you fail at all the above then in the last stage rebels gain access to air speeders that can tow cable the AT-At's and take them down no matter what health they have left.

Q, EWJ, Spec, Sh00rs1gn any myself played for a good few hours in staggered groups ranging from 2 of us to all 5 of us on Saturday (I think twas Saturday at least.) We won 4 out of 5 games as Rebels and 4 out of 5 as Imperials.

As Rebels we won in the first stage of vulnerability once, twice in the second stage, once in the third and in the game we lost we had taken down 1 AT-AT and were seconds away from killing the other using a tow rope and land speeder.

People also have to remember that in the beta you were cap'd at level 5 with level 5 load outs, later levels you will gain more access to explosives and weapons.

It is an arcade style game yes, but again there bonuses and negatives to that, if you play enough and look into the mechanics there are techniques and skills to master, fair enough it doesn't have a steep learning curve but welcome to a game designed for the mass audience.
Either way I enjoyed playing the beta with friends and for me the game is much easier to jump into and alot more light hearted than what I usually play so it was a refreshing change thatIi do intend to purchase upon release.
Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Previous

Return to Gamer's Retreat