[PC - FPS] Toxikk

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[PC - FPS] Toxikk

Postby 13th Nightmare on Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:33 pm

http://toxikk.com/home/

Steam Store Page

Toxikk has a simple premise: FRAG LIKE IT'S 1999!

It takes inspiration from the FPS arena games of old and delivers exactly what it says, which is a solid AFPS (Arena First Person Shooter) game with no strings attached. Which means the following: NO WEAPON LOADOUTS, NO COVER SYSTEMS, NO F2P, NO REGENERATING HEALTH, NO MOBA ELEMENTS, NO CLASSES, NO IRON SIGHT AIMING, NO RELOAD aaand...NO DUBSTEP! Which is bad news if you like dubstep let me tell you.

It is essentially one of those games that is pretty easy to pick up, but going to be hard to master. You start of each life with nothing but a pistol and a melee weapon to your name. Weapons can be picked up in the maps as you go along fragging everyone you meet. But if you die, then you are back to square one with nothing but a pistol and melee weapon. And they don't have any plans to release it anywhere else but the good ol' PC.

They are also releasing two versions of the game: The full release and a free edition. Now I know that may sound like a bad idea but for the free edition you are getting pretty much everything you would get in the full version of the game minus a few things, you can read about the differences here - http://toxikk.com/newspost/upcoming-free-edition/

I bought the game when I first heard about it a year or two ago and it has always peaked my interest. Now as it gets closer to release day I felt I should spread the word about this and try and get as many people interested in it as I could. It's one of those games I'm happy enough to jump in for a quick blast but I think I might end up spending some more time in the game in the future
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Re: [PC - FPS] Toxikk

Postby Cotillion on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 am

I need to get into this again. Already had it on day one and played a bit. but somehow it got shelved and collecting dust for a while... will look into it and look what they have changed :) was a lot fo fun :)
your personal ignis fatuus
Cotillion
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Cotillion \m/
STEAM_0:1:32290831

Postby Binerexis on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:30 pm

I've looked at this before. Is it actually any good?
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Binerexis on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:30 pm

I've looked at this before. Is it actually any good?
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Athrun_Talan on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:59 am

I tried the Early Access a while ago, it was great fun but suffered a bit from small player base. Has it increased much since it went live?
Athrun_Talan
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Athrun Talan
STEAM_0:1:5275691

Return to Gamer's Retreat