[2012] Festivals

Talk about your favourite bands and genres in here. Please don't flame others tastes.

[2012] Festivals

Postby Security on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:02 am

So which festivals and artists is everyone going to see during this season?
The start of the season here in the Netherlands is about to kick off and I will be going to the same festival I have been too in the last 4 years, Graspop (Megadeth bitch!)!

In the UK and Benelux alone there so many festivals it's almost insane! :D

Sharing of playlists/band lists is appriciated.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Re: [2012] Festivals

Postby Enigma on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:04 am

I was planning to visit Thunderdome and Dominator again. But since I'll be in the US from May 8th it doesn't seem likely. :(
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: nice dead server lmao
STEAM_0:1:29505170

Postby JennyWren on Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am

Going to a new festival called No Direction Home. Lots of indie/folkie bands playing, including my absolute favourites Slow Club

Other acts include Richard Hawley, The Low Anthem, Gruff Rhys, Martin Carthy (who was amazing when I saw him several years ago) and Django Django who I think wil be awesome live:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDjpOrlfh0Y&feature=related[/youtube]

There's tons of bands I've never heard of playing, which is always really fun - hopefully there'll be some really excellent music there.

JennyWren
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Jenny
STEAM_0:1:15899741

Postby Deez.Nuts on Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Probably just do Hevy Fest. I think last year was better personally, but this year has some decent bands. I bolded a few I'm looking forward to seeing.

Andrew W.K. (UK Exclusive)
glassjaw (UK Exclusive)
Meshuggah (UK Exclusive)
Madball (UK Exclusive)
Norma Jean (UK Exclusive)
War From A Harlots Mouth
Lemuria
Bleed From Within
Feed The Rhino
The James Cleaver Quintet
Mallory Knox
Campus
Hawk Eyes
Mixtapes
The Bots

Descendents
/ Converge / Will Haven / Municipal Waste / H2O / A Wilhelm Scream / Deaf Havana / Verse / The Chariot / Deez Nuts / Set Your Goals / This is Hell / Rolo Tomassi / Trapped Under Ice / Shai Hulud / Pianos Become The Teeth / Listener / Rise and Fall / Balance and Composure / Devil Sold His Soul / The Safety Fire / Reign Supreme / Seahaven / Sharks / Last Witness / Marmozets / The Social Club / &U&I / Crocus / Veils / Blacklisters / Attack! Vipers!
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Morbid Cowboy
STEAM_0:0:17684329

Postby Khaja on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 am

this year i'm headed off to Nozstock (as i have for the last 12 years XD) http://www.nozstock.com. Get to see The proclaimers, Correspondents, Electro Swing Circus, The FutureHeads, Dreadzone plus many others there. and i'm also off to Play festival in August to juggle a weekend away in mid Powys. http://playfestival2012.co.uk/
Khaja

Player: Khaja
STEAM_0:1:20690963

Postby Elmer on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:15 am

I will go to the "Eurockéennes de Belfort" next week ! http://www.eurockeennes.fr
The best French music festival of all time ! I wanted to go to the Hellfest, but I couldn't :cry: .
If you wanna hear good music, go to France during summer : there are lots of tremendous music festivals.

Elmer
Recruit Member

STEAM_elmer406

Postby mightynoobtard on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 pm

went to download festival last month and saw some great bands like metallica and black sabbath :D
mightynoobtard

Player: D4K
STEAM_0:0:13346404

Postby bobito on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 am

Elmer wrote:I will go to the "Eurockéennes de Belfort" next week ! http://www.eurockeennes.fr
The best French music festival of all time ! I wanted to go to the Hellfest, but I couldn't :cry: .
If you wanna hear good music, go to France during summer : there are lots of tremendous music festivals.

agreed 'Hellfest' is among the best and my personal favourites.The line-up there is always very strong.But i go to festivals very rarely , just because in Bulgaria festivals aren't for me.There's always Manowar, Maiden, Slayer coming every year and this stuff isn't for me.

bobito
UKCS Admin

Player: No Ultras No Party
STEAM_0:0:20863013

Postby Security on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Wow Hellfest had an awesome line-up, I might need to go to that one next year. :P
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby BreeZe on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:27 am

unless your 15.. stay away from Roskilde.. so boring now a days, crap artist as well.. it has forsaken its Woodstock kinda atmosphere for a more "youngster drinking" festival style.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby Shuriken on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:42 am

Omg Will Haven have Grady back, I think I just let out a little bit of wee. I also let out a few tears at the price of Hevy :( I will see them again one day.... one day....

:cry:
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Return to Music