Friendly fire and sniper limit

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Friendly fire and sniper limit

Postby Hesh on Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:40 pm

its proven fact that sniper limit is need its a no brainer.

and have to friendly fire, create a different gaming atmospher which should be tested out, which could benifit the server.

might be nice to try it out for a week.
March You Pigs!!!
Ride the Spiral to the ending.
Hesh
Home Member

Player: Monster Hesh
STEAM_0:1:6530083

Postby TC on Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:15 pm

We do have weapon limits across the maps already. If you know of a specific map where you would like to suggest different weapon constraints let us know.

Friendly fire is tried out every now and again, but generally ppl have not been in favour.
TC
UKCS President

Player: TC
STEAM_0:0:3198285

Postby gaz- on Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:11 pm

donner avalanch get real silly. sniper limits average 8 a side snipein
:D

gaz-
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: gaz-
STEAM_0:0:5217358

Postby Joveie on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:11 pm

yeah its ridiculas, especially on donner

Joveie
Home Member

Player: Joveie
STEAM_0:1:1505914

Postby Dog of War on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:28 pm

I'm against ff because it just sucks when you die with nade and take out also 1-2 from your own team. It's also lame if your team is full of trigger happy rambos. It's just not funny if own team is killing you more than the enemy team :? but that was just my opinion so ignore this post :shock:

Dog of War
UKCS Sponsor

Player: non-sarcastic mellow fellow
STEAM_0:0:9651445

Postby p.u.m.a on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:02 pm

If I'm not completely wrong all the clan matches are with ff on. Atleast on the ladders. That's prolly the only good reason to switch the ff on, to practise for a match. But, IMO ff off is much more fun (Nadeing is waay easier and safer ;)

p.u.m.a
UKCS Sponsor

Player: p.u.m.a
STEAM_0:1:4754319

Postby Dr Caligineus on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:09 pm

I agree with p.u.m.a (long time no see btw, how are ya'?) and Dog.

Every time I've played with ff on over the last few months I've given up after 20 minutes and left because of some moron(s) tk'ing on purpose.
Dr Caligineus
Experienced Member

Player: Dr Caligineus
STEAM_0:0:6046962

Postby kyuubi on Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:45 am

when i am on dod server and its full, i'll make a vote to see how many want ff on, i'll only turn ff on if vote is 70% + for ff on. you will most likely only see this happen if admin is on so as to stop any players from tking on purpose. note that the moment complaints start to come in, FF will be turned off and not be back on untill later time and better vote.

i hope this will make you alittle happy but be forwarned, i will not stand for any fool running around killing teams for a laugh.

(hope that is ok with you TC, will tell you how it turns out)

kyuubi

Player: Kyuubi
STEAM_0:0:4527299

Postby Sniper|UKCS| on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:17 am

I'm against FF because all the noobs/idiots you kill accidentally, turn you into a bomb which kills 3-4 innocent members of your team. Therefore, in turn, the evil German's come and take all your flags while your team-mates lie dead, littered across the cold stone concrete of the abandoned church.

Sniper|UKCS|
Recruit Member

Player: Insomnia
STEAM_0:0:9575263

Postby Sexual Harassment Panda on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:38 pm

The sniper limit has made the server less fun to play on, especially when a skilled sniper/mg manages to get a slot on one team but the skilled sniper/mger on the other team cant get a slot because some noob with a 1-15 score is hogging the slot for the whole game.

I dunno if i'mthe only one whos noticed maps being way more onsided since the sniper limit came in.

Sexual Harassment Panda

Postby wildross on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:43 pm

Sexual Harassment Panda wrote:The sniper limit has made the server less fun to play on, especially when a skilled sniper/mg manages to get a slot on one team but the skilled sniper/mger on the other team cant get a slot because some noob with a 1-15 score is hogging the slot for the whole game.

I dunno if i'mthe only one whos noticed maps being way more onsided since the sniper limit came in.

indd, i agree with you there, i havent used the sniper ina while, simply because i cant get it :(
Sorry to the ppl i let down :-(
wildross
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Ross (WR)
STEAM_0:0:6979202

Postby Dr Feelgood on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 pm

wildross wrote:
Sexual Harassment Panda wrote:The sniper limit has made the server less fun to play on, especially when a skilled sniper/mg manages to get a slot on one team but the skilled sniper/mger on the other team cant get a slot because some noob with a 1-15 score is hogging the slot for the whole game.

I dunno if i'm the only one whos noticed maps being way more onesided since the sniper limit came in.

indd, i agree with you there, i havent used the sniper ina while, simply because i cant get it :(

I did mention this to the other admins about sniper/mg hogging, I suggested a way of making it so that when the player with the sniper/mg dies he cannot spawn back with the same gun and that would then leave a sniper/mg slot open for someone else.

Not sure if this is possible but would make it fairer to have and sniper/mg rotation.
Dr Feelgood
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Dr Feelgood
STEAM_0:0:12324178

Location: Uranus (hehe..get it..Ur anus...Your Anus...Oh why do I even bother)

Postby woogie on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:07 am

Yeah, i do find this also.
It can be quite annoying.
However, if i'm that desperate for a sniper rifle, i'll go stand near the noob, and wait till he dies, and then pick up his weapon, tada!!
But possibly increase the limit on a sniper by 1?
Its still a limit, but the chance of getting one is slightly increased, and it shouldn't have any real negative impact.
But maybe no raising it anymore than 3.

woogie
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Woogie
STEAM_0:1:6203061

Postby Foo on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:14 am

Just ask me if i have sniper or mg i tend to be one of the first on the round and pick up mg/sniper just so i can give it to people that can use it.
i really hate people that are really crud with the weapons and constanly take them over and over just because there first to connect.

Foo

Postby L.A.M.F. on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:35 pm

Foo wrote:Just ask me if i have sniper or mg i tend to be one of the first on the round and pick up mg/sniper just so i can give it to people that can use it.
i really hate people that are really crud with the weapons and constanly take them over and over just because there first to connect.

U can give it to me then :) U know my score ain't 1-15 :wink:
Sig made by Toecutter

Image Stiv |UKCS|
L.A.M.F.
Home Member

Player: Stiv
STEAM_0:1:6597924

Postby Ionis on Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:00 am

I cant stand it, my sniping skill shave actualy diminished since the new system because of the fact noobs keep on hogging the rifle even when I offer than a weapon trade or ask them nicely over voice chat.

I suggest maybe allowing upto 5 snipers then half way through the game chopping it down to 2 snipers acodring to their KDR?

Ionis
Home Member

Player: Ionis
STEAM_0:1:8888630

Re: Friendly fire and sniper limit

Postby Elghanz on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Hesh wrote:its proven fact that sniper limit is need its a no brainer.

and have to friendly fire, create a different gaming atmospher which should be tested out, which could benifit the server.

FF! O.o When i was on the server, the amount of mis-thrown grenades was stupid.

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby Coke on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:00 pm

Elghanz wrote:

Maybe you need a little more practice :D
Coke
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Coke
STEAM_0:1:4280401

Postby Elghanz on Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Coke wrote:
Elghanz wrote:

Maybe you need a little more practice :D

Not by me.

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby Flawless on Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:10 pm

Some of the weapon limits need looking at, for instance in flash 2 Mg's (in my opinion) is silly, you can stick 2 Mg's down and its stalemate for the rest of the game, as so often happens.

As for the FF on/off, I don't mind it, if your playing with guys who know what they're doing and haven't just bought the game and are firing in spawn im all for it, adds a new level to the game, Mg's just can't randomly fire at will etc.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat