Autoassign

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Autoassign

Postby littlegaz84 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:49 am

Hi, Not sure if this has been mentioned before, search didn't turn up anything. Can autoassign switch players to balance the teams out? Noticed that if players quit, leaving the teams lopsided autoassign doesn't seem to let you change to the side with less players. At present the only way to even up the teams is to reconnect or wait for others to join.

Also would be nice if players could switch teams manually, perhaps at the discretion of an admin. I realise the autoassign is there to mixup the teams and stop people simply joining the winning side however it often leads to stacked teams. For example if several decent clanners get placed on the same team the other side inevitably take a kicking with no way to balance things out.

EDIT: eek meant to post this in source chat
I like noise. When it's too quiet, I can hear my brain cells dying...
littlegaz84
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:0:1936859

Postby Scott on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:58 am

I understand where you are coming from mate but if we were to allow that kind of thing on Source it wouldn't be very good for the fairness on the server which is what keeps most players playing here.

There is however an auto assign function working on the server in order to balance the teams out when it is needed, this function notices when the teams are not balanced and automatically balances them after the next round.

Left UKCS On 17/04/06 At 03:00AM

Bye everyone, I had some great laughs but it is time to move on.
Scott
Experienced Member

Postby TC on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:32 am

Its a known problem with the valve code that their team re-balance when the side counts are uneven does not work on DoD.

Cloth is nagging me to right my own version to resolve the problem. You posting here adds further priority to that. :)
TC
UKCS President

Player: TC
STEAM_0:0:3198285

Postby Splinter on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:45 am

Surely Cloth doesn't nag :P

Splinter
Recruit Member

Postby Hesh on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:59 am

Prioritise :P

but tbh i think alot of work needs to be done. we all know ur a busy man but dods needs some <3in
March You Pigs!!!
Ride the Spiral to the ending.
Hesh
Home Member

Player: Monster Hesh
STEAM_0:1:6530083

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat