Vote Kicker - Rules of Conduct & Application

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Vote Kicker - Rules of Conduct & Application

Postby TC on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:44 pm

Vote Kicker rules and application

Please read the rules of being a Vote Kicker below, if you understand them and happy to follow them, then please post an application in this thread. Using this form.

When should a VK use their powers?

VOTE KICKING IS FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY.
    VOTE KICKERS DO NOT PERFORM THE ROLE OF ADMINS.

Any complaints about a vote kicker misusing there powers immediately results in the removal of those powers.

VK is emergency use, and somebody saying "piss off" when no admins is not categorised as an emergency. VKers are only there for real emergencies like a blatent hacker with super aimbot and everyone is shouting out hacker hacker hacker and ppl quitting the server cos of it. Its for actioning things affecting the whole server in an emergency when no admin is about. Otherwise VK's should be like 'sleepers'.

Admins go through an incredibly tough time of training, reading rules and all past cases, constantly being told off by TC and others for all bad calls, constantly having to log everyone they short ban or want permie bans for future reference, attend admin meetings, having to keep up with new rules, rarely getting to play as constantly on duty and having to deal with a constant bararge of admin messages. To give you an idea, in the admin forum areas there are over 78,000 posts by admins discussing, recording and taking actions. A person is either an admin, or they are not.

As VKers are not admins, they are not involved in all that process that is necessary to act as an admin and enforce rules. Thats why we can have 50 vote kickers because they are low maintenance - emergecy use only - PLAYERS. You can't have one group of people being free lancers trying to do the same job as admins with no controls, and if you added the same controls then they'd be admins by that point. They are not, they are Vkers.

Kicking by vote:

The command to initiate a vote kicker vote is:

ukcs_votekick <steamid/part name> <reason>

This will then put up a vote kick and display your reason to all players on the server. The options include Yes to kick the person, No to not kick the person and a third option to kick the person putting up the vote. The last option is there to discourage a VKer putting up a vote that is not in the interest of the players on the server. If the winning option is "Yes" for the reason you gave, that person is then removed from the server. If "No", then the target can remain on the server. If "Kick the kicker", then the VKer is kicked for putting up a vote the majority of the current players disagreed with.
    Note: a Votekick also include a 10 minute ban.

If seeing a hacker and you cannot get a hold of an admin, record a demo and do ukcs_who in console to get the steamID's. Now after a demo has been made, kick the player. Then send a pm to one of the admins with a link to the demo on the UKCS uploader.

Spray Inspection

ukcs_spray
    This command has kick options when used by a vote kicker.

Examples of where VK should be used:

Blatent hacker killing everyone every around and no admin on and the whole server is in an uproar.
    Somebodys language is so bad that everyone is moaning and complaining for them to get off the server, there is no admin around, and the whole server is in an uproar.
    Use the spray inspector where a spray is ILLEGAL by law. In these cases, just take a screenshot of the spray before performing a kick/ban and send it to the admins.

Examples of where VK has been misused:

None of these can be categorised as "An Emergency where the whole server is in uproar and no admins are available"
    Somebody says "piss off".
    Somebody exaggerates about their health before a knife fight.
    Somebody being afk.
    Not planting the bomb.
    "Being a nab".
    Kicking for an unsitely spray.
    Arguing with another player.
    Vote Kicking anyone when an admin is on #1 or #2.

Check if admins are on the servers:

VK'ers can tell if any admins are on either server by typing the following command in console: ukcs_admins
    Using "@" will speak to an admin on remote servers if no admin on the server you are on. A VK'er will be unable to preform a VK if there is an admin on the same server.

A VK should also try to add the admins of their game section to their steamfriends list.
    CS 1.6 Admins
    CSS Admins
    DOD Admins
    TF2 Admins

ukcs_who <steamid/part name> - lists players, with steamID.
    ukcs_votekick <steamid/part name> <reason> - Votekicks player.
    ukcs_admins - Lets VK check if admins are on either servers.

So, as a vote kicker, council member or responsible player your role is to set a good example. Be happy and friendly on the server. Support the UKCS name. Gain respect of others and use that respect to influence in a peaceful (non kick using) way. VKs use the kick in EMERGENCY cases only. Its also possible to advance from VK to admin.

Click to link to this anchor. VK application form:

Use this form to post an application in this thread. You must also be ready to demonstrate that you have read and understood the rules above, before receiving ingame powers.

Code: Select all
    Game Name:
    SteamID:
    Server you visit most and the times you usually play:
    What's your history with UKCS?:

Last edited by jihn on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: /Updating rules, guide, application

TC
UKCS President

Player: TC
STEAM_0:0:3198285

Re: Vote Kicker - Rules of Conduct & Application

Postby Ace On Fire on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 am

# heey :) i just wanted to ask if u are still searching for VK'er ? :)

Game Name: Ace On Fire |UKCS|

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16685817

Server you visit most and the times you usually play: I play a lot on UKCS Donner :) . i have played in UKCS servers for almost 1 year now i think .. more or less . a lot of ppl know me in the server :D

What's your history with UKCS?: I just joined UKCS.net . but i have played on UKCS' severs for months .. i've played 60 hours in the past 2 weeks . I play a lot on UKCS servers so i hope i can be an Admin or VK'er :)

- have a nice day :D

Ace On Fire
Recruit Member

Player: Ace On Fire' inactiv
STEAM_0:0:16685817

Postby Jonesie on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:47 am

Game Name: Jonesie |UKCS|

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19332682

Server you visit most and the times you usually play: I play a few very good hours to UKCS Avalanche. I have been playing with UKCS for sometime now. People more or less know me because I'm always the first one in the server to fill it up.

Whats your histroy with UKCS?: I joined UKCS about a month ago. I have been seeing quite a few problems on the servers when admins arn't on to resolve any of the situations. I play upto 3 - 5 hours on UKCS. I hope I do a very good job at this so I then hope to become a Admin.

Thank you

Jonesie
Jonesie
Home Member

Player: .:RiSK:. VaST
STEAM_0:1:43125715

Postby Dr 69er on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 am

Game Name: Dr 69er |UKCS|

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:18304861

Server you visit most and the times you usually play: I regurlarly visit servers 1,2,4 and 5 and have been playing on them for about 2 years now, and by now I think quite a few people know me on the servers.

What's your history with UKCS?: I joined UKCS about 2 years ago, PREDATORPANTS |UKCS| suggested I join the clan and i've been a dedicated player on the servers to this day. I dont play any games as much as I play Day of Defeat anymore, so I want to provide the clan with more than just playing the game, if you know what I mean.

Thanks much, Dr 69er ;D

Dr 69er
Recruit Member

STEAM_0:0:18304861 0

Postby Ipsi on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Game Name: Îþšï |UKCS|
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:37643101
Server you visit most and the times you usually play: I visit DOD:S 5 server mostly, but also the other servers. I play usually 2 hours + .
My history on UKCS: I started to play on UKCS Servers 3 months ago and found much friends on them :D.

Thanks, Your Ipsi
Ipsi
Recruit Member

Player: Apfelsaft
STEAM_0:0:37643101

Postby OliiiMei5ter on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 am

Game Name: OliMei5ter |UKCS|

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22667875

Server you visit most and the times you usually play: UKCS #5 (Avalanche) and sometimes Donner. Times depend on school work, I'd say minimum is about 1hr per day on weekdays, 2 or more hours on weekends. Something like that.

What's your history with UKCS?: I love our servers, I love the people playing there and I found a lot of new "friends" on our servers. I'm someone people can trust, I'm good at English and I'm always there if help is needed. I started playing DOD:S on UKCS servers a couple months ago (around 4 months or so)

Regards,
Oliver
OliMei5ter|UKCS| ██████████████████████████████

OliiiMei5ter

Player: The Gambia∆
STEAM_0:1:22667875

Postby Meadow on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Game Name: Meadow |UKCS|
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16275013
Server you visit most and the times you usually play: Server 3 & 5 Playtimes are around 8 PM-1 AM currently.
What's your history with UKCS?: Currently acquainted with some TF2 admins/players. Almost 2 year membership of UKCS forums. Also playing around the same time on TF2 UKCS servers.
Always around at TF2 servers 1-8.
| record "demoname" | use "status" | use "stop" |
Safire: I am actually a lolcat who plays TF2 :>
Meadow

Player: Meadow
STEAM_0:0:16275013

Postby dread on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:23 am

You have never played DoDs on a UKCS server, wrong section maybe ?
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby Sabertooth on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Game Name:SaberTooth|UKCS|
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22843623
Server you visit most and the times you usually play: Almost always on UKCS #5 (Avalanche), about 2+ hours per day.
What's your history with UKCS?: Hmm, i started playing on Ukcs servers for more then 6 mounths (might be exagerating cause im not so sure, but it sure feels that way), and since then i havnt left them. Great servers with fair players, i know both english and spanish.
Few days ago my friend OliiiMei5ter told me about this and i was very interested to help on Ukcs servers.

Thanx for taking your time to read this, Saber~ >8D

Sabertooth

Player: SaberTooth
STEAM_0:0:22843623

Postby Dragneil on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am

Game Name: Dragneil |UKCS|
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17753828
Server you visit most and the times you usually play: DoD#2, anytime im awake
What's your history with UKCS?: dont really have a history with UKCS, signed up on the forums earlier today, played for some hours on your servers, loving every minute of it:), but im here to make a good and friendly history with you guys

i can understand if you do not make me a VK(or admin as ive made a post in both due to i wish to help as much as i can) im pretty much unknown and you dont know if i mean harm to your servers, but for what my word is worth i have no such intentions, Thank you,
I made a police call once, I reported my colleague for being a pedophile. yes, it turned out in trials and everything, he lost custody of his children, his wife left him, but he was completely innocent, so kent if you are reading this now, let me just say that, think twice before you take my stapler next time
Dragneil
Recruit Member

Player: Dragneil
STEAM_0:0:17753828

Postby johniegun on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 pm

Game Name: Johniegun|UKCS|
SteamID:STEAM_0:0:34898365
Server you visit most and usually play: DoD#5 , at school times I play 2 hours a day, During Holidays longer.
What's your history with UKCS?: I started to play on UKSC servers since 1 1/2 year and I just love the fairness on this server and all the people.
it would be great if I can be a Vk , because I just love DoD:S and I always play together with: OliMei5ter |UKCS| and we're always playing on DoD Avalanche :)

Regards ,
Johnie

johniegun

Player: Johniegun
STEAM_0:0:34898365

Postby Wurschtulus|UKCS| on Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 am

Game Name:Wurschtulus|UKCS|

SteamID:STEAM_0:1:40188249

Server you visit most and the times you usually play:Most time i play on "UKCS#5 Avalanche extreme" because its my favourite map. But i am on the other servers, too.
P.S: I am playing a lot there.

What's your history with UKCS?: I joined UKCS 1 year ago. I think it is a really great community with the best servers i know.
I joined the forum a few days ago because i had some problems with registration.

It hope I will become a VK. I also read the server rules and know basic-things like recording a demo and that things.

Wurschtulus|UKCS|

STEAM_0:1:40188249

Postby [[KIA]] on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Game Name: [[KIA]]DeathKnight587$$$|UKCS|
SteamID:STEAM_0:0:36445310
Server you visit most and the times you usually play: UKCS #5 Avalanche 5-6 hours daily
What's your history with UKCS?: was invited to join the group and accepted and would like |UKCS| to be known very well with a good name and be trusted unlike other servers where there are hackers. Want to give |UKCS| a good name so when i try other servers that any |UKCS| player is well respected. also i would like to be a |UKCS| DJ for !radio command

[[KIA]]

Player: LoS | DeathKnight587$$$ [V]
STEAM_0:0:36445310

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat