Auto balance?

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Auto balance?

Postby Wilson on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey, I wondered if you guys ever thought about putting auto balance on the server?

Often when I play on the ava server the teams are heavily stacked and one team just keeps rolling over the other. I figured it might make for better games if, at the end of the round, it detected that the teams were stacked then it swapped some players around to try and get a more even game (only at the end of the round though, it would be annoying be swapped in the middle of a game). You could use the current elo ranking as a rough measure and try and make the teams equal in total points. I don't know if it would make the server more fun to play on or not. You'd need to test it out and see. I know I can have fun sometimes when I'm on the stacked team and I can go on massive kill streaks, but it's no fun to be on the other end of them.

Wilson

Player: Wilson
STEAM_0:0:14073638

Re: Auto balance?

Postby Hans_Gruber on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Maybe you should stop killing everyone? :p
Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho.
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Player: HansGruber
STEAM_0:1:61417878

Postby Hans_Gruber on Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 pm

After last night, I'd like to second Wilson.

Could we get a poll going?
Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho.
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Player: HansGruber
STEAM_0:1:61417878

Postby [FIN]JackBauer on Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 am

Maybe have a mechanic where the teams would be scrambled after, for example, 3 consecutive victories?
[FIN]JackBauer
Experienced Member

Player: aekson
STEAM_0:1:9679660

Postby dread on Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 am

There is a team reverse that can be ran after X amount of mins, but we have never used a "auto balance" script on any of the servers.

The format of #2 & #5 are very unlikely to change as there are our most popular servers, and have always ranked very highly, the world rankings.

If I can find a suitable script, and we can get it working and tested I may give it a try on #1

I know it's a possibility we have looked into in the past and decided not to do it, the general feeling after speaking to the other exec and players was, that it could do more harm then good.

But we shall see..
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat