Anti-Cheating Plugins

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Anti-Cheating Plugins

Postby Hans_Gruber on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Hello,

Just wondering has anyone ever put some time into looking at sourcemod anti-cheat?

Things like picking up trigger bots / aimbots / wallhacks would be a great thing to have.

https://bitbucket.org/psychonic/smac/wiki/Home

I can probably spin up a test server with the plugins enabled. But no way to bring the cheaters...

I understand that third party plugins can affect the stability of the service. So I think we'd need some serious testing.

But one plugin sounds really cool... "The plugin manages and renders out entities so they appear when they should and not render out unless needed."

Not saying you have a problem with cheaters, but it might lighten the load on the moderators...

Regards,
Hans
Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho.
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Player: HansGruber
STEAM_0:1:61417878

Re: Anti-Cheating Plugins

Postby dread on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:17 pm

We already use a number of anti-cheat methods in place, but I shall bring it to TC attention.
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby Hans_Gruber on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Any update on this? I'm getting of tired of spec'ing players... whatever the anti-cheat methods that are in place, they are missing obvious cheaters.
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Postby dread on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Out of the player that you spec, do you ever record and send the demo's to an admin ?
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby SaintStrongbow on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:31 am

To thealmightypotato I'd imagine...

I would say we do quite well as an admin team catching and reviewing demos of possible cheaters, certainly when it comes to the "obvious" ones. We can't just ban a player because it is suspected they are cheating, we do need the demos and time to have a detailed look at them! If you do have any demos of players you suspect are hacking and theamightyspud isn't on then feel free to upload them to our ukcs uploader (preferably to a private folder!) and then sending the link to a senior dods admin, the list of which can be found here:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=1464

Appreciate you taking the time to record a demo of players you suspect, rather than being one of those people who just shout about it in all chat!
Sometimes you have to stand in the shadows; to see the light.

SaintStrongbow
Executive Admin

Player: SaintStrongbow
STEAM_0:1:19879963

Postby Hans_Gruber on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:23 pm

dread wrote:Out of the player that you spec, do you ever record and send the demo's to an admin ?

Always...
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Postby Hans_Gruber on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:26 pm

SaintStrongbow wrote:To thealmightypotato I'd imagine...
when it comes to the "obvious" ones. We can't just ban a player because it is suspected they are cheating, we do need the demos and time to have a detailed look at them!

Can you define obvious?

Experienced cheaters who are aiming to just dominate the stats, are not going to walk around shooting with instant headshots. Hence my request to add more plugins to disable the ability to wallhack, and in an automated fashion outline who the software thinks is cheating. Such as no recoil and so forth.
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Postby Hans_Gruber on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Over the past 30 days some of the servers have been idle the majority of the time.

Argentan for example: http://78.129.133.15:8080/matplotlib/78 ... 7/27015/21

If it's a matter of testing to ensure server stability, then I'd be more than happy to assist as much as I can. Features such as the wall hack blocker I mentioned should not impact play at all. Only those who are currently abusing the game via wall hacking will notice any difference, and they'll lose at least part of their unfair advantage.

I help run many many thousands of Linux hosts on a daily basis, if there is any way I can help let me know...
Hans_Gruber
UKCS Admin

Postby SaintStrongbow on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Hans_Gruber wrote:
Can you define obvious?

Experienced cheaters who are aiming to just dominate the stats, are not going to walk around shooting with instant headshots. Hence my request to add more plugins to disable the ability to wallhack, and in an automated fashion outline who the software thinks is cheating. Such as no recoil and so forth.

The "obvious" was myself quoting you, but for me the most obvious would have to be the inverse aimbots.

Of course we get those as soon as they show up, along with most others. I'd say our experienced team gets the vast majority of the rest, most of us have been around long enough in dod:s to be able to spot wallhackers, etc.

We already have an array of admin tools to help us catch cheaters, which seem to be working pretty effectively!
Sometimes you have to stand in the shadows; to see the light.

SaintStrongbow
Executive Admin

Player: SaintStrongbow
STEAM_0:1:19879963

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat