No Prone Mod.

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

No Prone Mod.

Postby 9_Bar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi fellow dodders, ive recently got back into the game after playing TF2 for a while, mainly been playing on #2 donner, but the amount of prone players is driving me nuts, i used to be an admin for another uk community and at one point we tried a " no prone " mod, only MG could go prone, all other classes that went prone were automatically made to stand up, it was well funny to see players reaction to it, but it didnt last long to be honest due to so much complaining.
Is there anything that can be done about the proning ?, im not sure and i doubt it can be stoped, but i just thought i would mention it in case ukcs fancied a trial of it, if it is still available that is.

anyway end of rant/whine

cheers

9_Bar
9_Bar
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Fubar™
STEAM_0:0:3799722

Re: No Prone Mod.

Postby dread on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm

I think your the first ever person to mention it in 10 years of UKCS.......

How did it work with Mg'ers ?
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby bobito on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Would be nice if we implement such a mod, but i doubt it'll be received well by the community, worth a try imo.

bobito
UKCS Admin

Player: No Ultras No Party
STEAM_0:0:20863013

Postby 9_Bar on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

dread wrote:I think your the first ever person to mention it in 10 years of UKCS.......

How did it work with Mg'ers ?

im not sure how the mod was added to the servers as i didnt have anything to do with the running of the servers, but i guess there were options to which class could be allowed to prone
9_Bar
UKCS Sponsor

Postby ForZaZZ on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Everyone should be able to prone.. It would be like disabling the ability to jump. :roll:

ForZaZZ
UKCS Admin

STEAM_0:1:245958

Postby SaintStrongbow on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Proning isn't a problem as far as I'm aware? Yes, some people do it too much and in the wrong places at the wrong time, just like camping. They're normally people who are still learning to play the game, or are serial campers. For the first set, they'll stop when they get better at the game and understand it more, they tend to prone in silly places anyway and are still easy to kill. As for the latter, once you learn where they prone you can rack up the easy kills on them and they normally start moving after a domination or so!

Removing proning ability seems overly harsh, as sometimes it is needed (even when not mg!). I have also played on a server where they had this anti-proning mod, it causes a lot of grief and is really not worth it!
Sometimes you have to stand in the shadows; to see the light.

SaintStrongbow
Executive Admin

Player: SaintStrongbow
STEAM_0:1:19879963

Postby 9_Bar on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:01 pm

ForZaZZ wrote:Everyone should be able to prone.. It would be like disabling the ability to jump. :roll:

lol
SaintStrongbow wrote:Proning isn't a problem as far as I'm aware? Yes, some people do it too much and in the wrong places at the wrong time, just like camping. They're normally people who are still learning to play the game, or are serial campers. For the first set, they'll stop when they get better at the game and understand it more, they tend to prone in silly places anyway and are still easy to kill. As for the latter, once you learn where they prone you can rack up the easy kills on them and they normally start moving after a domination or so!

Removing proning ability seems overly harsh, as sometimes it is needed (even when not mg!). I have also played on a server where they had this anti-proning mod, it causes a lot of grief and is really not worth it!

yeah i know what you mean m8, but getting killed time and time again by the same prone assault in a dark corner gets well annoying, but i will keep playing coz its still a good game to play, with a good team its even better.
9_Bar
UKCS Sponsor

Postby dread on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:33 pm

isn't that want hand grenades\spades are for ? :D
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 am

Im not a big fan of this myself, but if people are up for having a look at it then im available for anti-prone kill testing ^^
Welcome to the Battlefield...

"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: omg des is doming me "
"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: Im not having this, someone spec him"
"TC|UKCS|: Well done Predator! Brilliant work! :D" ty Mr.President

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: [L.O.G]PREDATORPANTS
STEAM_0:0:18109619

Postby Defeater on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:52 am

I once played on a gungame server with an anti-prone mod, I can tell you that did NOT work out :roll:
Defeater

Player: Defeater
STEAM_0:0:25061298

Postby CiRuS on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:57 am

was playing on a french server last night with this mod. even the mg class couldn't prone which really limited its usage
Black Marketeer Of World War III
CiRuS
Home Member

Player: CiRuS[BonE]
STEAM_0:0:821723

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat