Auto team balance.

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Auto team balance.

Postby sanders on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Server is struggling lately. I played for over 70 minutes tonight just to get it to 20 players. 10pm on a friday and it is now empty.

This is because teams are often(99%) of the time unfair(skill wise) so people leave.

Can you please consider an auto team balance mod. I dont leave because i get killed but seems lately that others are and do. Shouldnt be empty at this time.

sanders
Recruit Member

STEAM_0:011440508

Re: Auto team balance.

Postby dread on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

I presume your talking about ava ?

The problem we have found in the past with auto balances, certain player prefer to play axis or allied or thompson or rocket, as soon as you start restricting there classes and moving them around they just leave and go to a servers were they can play as they want.

Ava, highlights this problem as you say as it's very easy for one team to steam roller the other.
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby Wilson on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:42 am

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement but I agree with you sanders. It's not very fun to just steam roll over the other team or be constantly pushed back to spawn. I guess you could disable switching people with the limited weapons, if that's an issue.

In an ideal world the ranking system should also consider the skill levels of both teams and modify the amount of points you get accordingly. If the teams are very stacked (either player numbers or skill) then you should get less points for killing and lose more for dying and the opposite if you are on the losing side. Since I notice the game is far easier when you are on a team that is clearly more skilled than the opponents.

I don't know if it's worth the effort to make these changes though as the DOD:S player numbers are likely to continue to fall. Lets cross our fingers and hope valve releases a new version soon!

Wilson

Player: Wilson
STEAM_0:0:14073638

Postby K3V on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:29 am

I always try to switch teams if there are two wins in quick succession (i.e. one team getting flattened) - is there any merit to trying an unofficial system like that amongst veteran players and admins? :)
I agree with both sides of this - I've seen avalanche numbers drop recently as there has been a fairly recent influx of less experienced players over the last few months, and there are often uneven teams in terms of ability. I also dislike playing on other servers where I get auto switched so... :S

K3V
UKCS Admin

Player: K3V
STEAM_0:1:3871642

Postby Destroy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:10 pm

lol
`. · » add Image me « · .´
`. · » Ðestroy-Я·©·« · .´

Send a message to me? -> Image <- please click on the icon
Destroy
Home Member

Player: Ðestroy-Я ·©·
STEAM_0:1:8480375

Postby sanders on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Destroy wrote:lol

Vwery good to see you had alot of input to this thread mind.

sanders
Recruit Member

STEAM_0:011440508

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat