ANOTHER SERVER PLZ!!!!

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Postby gaz- on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:35 pm

was it just me or was the server 64 player at the start like css if it was like that again then more would logon

gaz-
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: gaz-
STEAM_0:0:5217358

Postby PinkFloyd on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:46 pm

u guys know how to bumb topics lmao

i made this when the server was BIG lol, and i could never get on when DoD 1st came out, now there seems less interest and i mysself dont consider it nessesary for another server

and gaz- i dont think u can have a 64 slot server as Valve did something i belive
PinkFloyd
Home Member

STEAM_0:1:7555971

Postby Firebreath on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:08 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:u guys know how to bumb topics lmao

i made this when the server was BIG lol, and i could never get on when DoD 1st came out, now there seems less interest and i mysself dont consider it nessesary for another server

and gaz- i dont think u can have a 64 slot server as Valve did something i belive

At the present moment in time the server is never full all day (which isnt just in the eveings) and we need the thing at least populated 24/7. It is in midday and all night but rarly in the morn and because of this the server is not at capacity and there is no need for a second server. If you guys wana boost it then just join all the rest of us anytime of day and night and if you can only get on in the eve then VIP is the way to go :)

But anyways everyone just get on when you can and well get this bigger and better and possibly gain the need of a second DoD server :)

Oh and btw Gaz yep Pink is right it used to be a 64 person server however an update came out that caped it at 32, however at the current there is no need to increase the size atm as said before :)

anyways hope that helps sorry twas abit of an essay :(
Add me on MSN messenger : firebreathukcs@hotmail.co.uk
Firebreath
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Firebreath
STEAM_0:1:9039724

Postby woogie on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:37 pm

Firebreath wrote:Oh and btw Gaz yep Pink is right it used to be a 64 person server however an update came out that caped it at 32, however at the current there is no need to increase the size atm as said before

Well tbh, i think if there is another update 'uncapping' limits, the limit should be raised.
Not by much, maybe to 40.
That would allow room for say 4 VIP slots (i think i'm right in that there aren't that many atm) and a few extra players to make it larger and more of an appeal to people.
A lot of people come to UKCS CSS #1 because it is the biggest server, and that is certainly what enticed me there to begin with. And from then on we now also have a #2 server.

There will only ever be the need for one dods server imo, and hopefully valve will change the limits, but for now guys, get donating! TC needs all the help we can give, and even if thats only £5, it will be greatly appreciated.

woogie
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Woogie
STEAM_0:1:6203061

Postby OHMYGODIMONFIRE on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:06 pm

at present the dod admins are trying their hardest to populate the dod server in the mornings. any and all help getting people on the server would be greatly appreciated from all players. i'm gonna be on around 7.30 to 8am on friday morning. firebreath is hopefully going to be there aswell. if anyone is up and around at that time and fancies some dod before work/uni/school please pop on as the more people the better. if we can manage to establish a 24 hour player base the server will always be there to play on just like the #1 css server.

come on guys, lets make the ukcs dod server the best in the world!

OMG
OHMYGODIMONFIRE
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: OHMYGODIMONFIRE
STEAM_0:0:4850231

Postby Firebreath on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:45 pm

OHMYGODIMONFIRE wrote: if we can manage to establish a 24 hour player base the server will always be there to play on just like the #1 css server.

come on guys, lets make the ukcs dod server the best in the world!

OMG

Couldnt have put it better myself
Add me on MSN messenger : firebreathukcs@hotmail.co.uk
Firebreath
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Firebreath
STEAM_0:1:9039724

Previous

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat