Y is der no one playin on DoD Source server!!!!!! its empty

Forum discussion on Day of Defeat game

Postby itchy 'n' snitchy on Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:57 pm

UKCS Source took a month or two to get running, im sure that we will be popular in DOD, you just have to wait until VALVe have changed the gameplay, i still dont know why they dont let people do it themselves, having people waiting on a limb is just boring, it's also a way to lose interest and drop new customer potential
itchy 'n' snitchy
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Cerwym
STEAM_0:1:7668043

Postby The_Pope on Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:03 am

as soon as valve fix the 32 player cap and release the SDK im sure it will get more popular XD
The_Pope
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: The Pope @ i49
STEAM_0:0:2895797

Postby TC on Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:29 am

Its as saggy says, there just isnt enough players out there to fill servers. UKCS DoD is ranked 10th in the world, despite being empty for a lot of the time. Shows the state of things really.

I upgraded one of my machines specifically to run 64 player DoD at high frame rate, only to be cut to 32 player limit and bugger all players anyhow.

Every single custom map weve tried so far has been appawling too. Big shame. Definitely need Valve to pull something out of the hat soon.

Im going to do a promotion from the Source Servers advertising our DoD server when I get back. The best we can do is get a bigger market share of what little is out there.

TC
UKCS President

Player: TC
STEAM_0:0:3198285

Postby woogie on Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:56 pm

Yeah, don't despair peeps, we just need Valve to pull their finger out and get a major update and more maps to it.
And people must have us in their favourites, because when i join and its empty, not more than 5minutes later, a small influx of people join.

woogie
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Woogie
STEAM_0:1:6203061

Postby Firebreath on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:03 pm

woogie wrote:Yeah, don't despair peeps, we just need Valve to pull their finger out and get a major update and more maps to it.
And people must have us in their favourites, because when i join and its empty, not more than 5minutes later, a small influx of people join.

Tis true, i pop on there when no one is on, and within 5mins peeps start flocking in :)
Add me on MSN messenger : firebreathukcs@hotmail.co.uk
Firebreath
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Firebreath
STEAM_0:1:9039724

Previous

Return to UKCS : Day Of Defeat Chat