Guest map/Map of the week idea

DoD Maps Discussion

Guest map/Map of the week idea

Postby asundrus on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:08 pm

I've search a bit, didn't find anything of use ( might be that laggish ability of mine to do a proper search ) however, I saw some topics with "Guest maps" how does it work?
When will a "guest map" appear?
What about a "Map of the week" or something like that?

Just to have a bit more 'going on' I often play on DOD #3 due to the map rota, I love the standard maps on the other servers
I just like to play something else once in awhile, I know about the events, but to me, they are to far apart.

Did this made any sense? and also, I thought this section would be best suited for my topic, if not, please move it.

asundrus
UKCS Sponsor

Player: sendjes
STEAM_0:1:6798804

Re: Guest map/Map of the week idea

Postby dread on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

You mean as in the Guest Map on #1 ?

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=52836

I think I explained recently in another post "Guest maps" will only come up for vote once there is a certain number of players on the server and between certain times of the day, this is to avoid a map that not everyone likes empting out a server, which would be a disaster, so therefore I have to be very careful what maps get added, idealy I would like to do it on a week to week or month to month basis, but I don't always have the time to do this, plus Events take priority.

By all means your welcome to suggest a map, if it doesn't work out, it will be pulled very quickly, if it does work out it will stay on till the next suggestion and or have time to change it.

Maps on #3 do get changed on a quite regular basis, I added a new one just a couple of weeks ago, and 2 or 3 more will be added soon.
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Postby asundrus on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:58 pm

I understand, sometimes, my ideas gets rushed a bit, but thanks for clearing out things, and it makes sense too.

asundrus
UKCS Sponsor

Player: sendjes
STEAM_0:1:6798804

Postby dread on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 pm

no problem your welcome.
dread|UKCS| -- DoDs Executive Admin (Retired)

Feel free to send me Image a message, or add me to your steam freinds Image if you any questions or problems.
Don't forget that UKCS has an image uploader that's fast and free for all members!

DoDs Specific Information & Guides Rules & Ban Contact Information
dread
UKCS Admin
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: dread
STEAM_0:1:8708811

Return to Maps : DoD