de_parthenon_ukcs_b1

Please use this area if you are creating or discussing the development of your own maps. Please keep one thread per map under development and put [WIP] at the beginning. [RELEASE] If you are posting about a map you have released.

de_parthenon_ukcs_b1

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 am

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/123577

This is a map i started ages ago but stopped due to someone else remaking it. anyway i decided to finish the bugger and here it is :D i remade it cause I like the original but it looks rubbish and it doesn't run very well. hope I've addressed these issues.
let me know what you lot think. again, it would be great if it could be tested on the server at some point.

LurkyUK
Home Member

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Re: de_parthenon_ukcs_b1

Postby G3!ST on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm

go go
G3!ST
UKCS Sponsor

Player: most likely a bit upset
STEAM_0:0:6011571

Postby Kop on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:34 pm

looks great !
Kop

Player: Daniel Holden
STEAM_0:1:20607265

Postby ics on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 am

I have no idea how the original parthenon looks but you asked for my opinion about this, and you shall have it. I know it's beta but if i were you, i would add some more props into it (unless you have already plans to do so, i cannot know). Especially indoors. Also i would move the A bombsite a bit down to the stairs - or make it somehow larger at the spot where it is currently resides. It is kind of small space and especially on big servers, its really a hassle. As for the B site, i would redo the other entrance (the dark tunnel) a bit larger. There will be blocking (and rage) when multiple players try to get into the site. Other than that, i have nothing else to say. Framerate was very good.
My CS Source, TF2, L4D2 maps http://www.ics-base.net/
ics

Player: ICS
STEAM_0:0:5037801

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 am

i agree the bombsite at the top of the stairs can be made bigger. i'll look into expanding that. as for the dark tunnel bit and that bombsite that was my idea and is very different to the original. i was never happy with it so i'll prob make big changes to that. i wanted to keep those columns in the tunnel in as a tribute to the original cos that had loads of columns around the bombsite, however i may just scrap them.
the lack of props was just because its a hassle moving them all around when i make changes to the level so i only put the essential ones in for cover etc for now. its also a very good map for rushing so i didn't want people to get stuck all the time on objects.
glad it runs fine though. i have a strange passion for optimising maps and its my favorite part of map making. i'd love to just go through every map on the ukcs map list and optimise them

LurkyUK
Home Member

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Postby tster on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Whatever youve done to it its better, Ive compared Pariah to Twilight and Pariah is outstanding, Ive actually asked the maker of Twilight for the source, I would ask you but who makes a remake of a remake of a map lol

tster
Recruit Member

Player: Jester
STEAM_0:0:25093619

Return to Map Making, Your Releases & Help