de_exile

Please use this area if you are creating or discussing the development of your own maps. Please keep one thread per map under development and put [WIP] at the beginning. [RELEASE] If you are posting about a map you have released.

de_exile

Postby LurkyUK on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 am

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/20636

after like 4 years this map is finally finished :) its been changed to a bomb map as the hostages are stupid as hell and were just getting in the way. there's another tiny route added to this version too. most changes were just tidying up rooftops and others bits that I couldn't be bothered to finish first time around. I've moved some of the spawn points as well so that there's less bumping into each other at the start of the round.
I think the cs_exile_b2 is running on this server so hopefully this can replace it.
thanks for supporting my map and all the feedback you guys have given me. this is the only server i play on and i made this map for here. cheers everyone

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Player: Bad Poet
STEAM_0:0:6490480

Re: de_exile

Postby cowboyfromhell on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

Nice one, Lurky.

Glad to see you're still around making maps. :)
Senior Forum Moderator, CS:GO Admin, ex-TF2 & CSS Admin
Add me to Steam Friends if you need a hand. :)
Use the UKCS Uploader for your pictures, it's free for members!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Xerxes wrote:Worst. Senior. Mod. Eva.
cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Player: Cowboy
STEAM_0:1:10068175

Postby ics on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:03 pm

i would like to know why you have not sealed the obvious "holes" there at the map with any props? Thing we had with cs_ version was, that the obvious walkways that i know are blocked with playerclip or clipbrushes, those new players who have not played the map always collided with thin air and they kept trying to go through because there was no obvious wall or obstackle that blocks the way. One of these is at T (now CT spawn) and other near the bombsite which is outside. It would have helped a lot for people to navigate through this one.

Also you missed a one visual bug there. One is at route (stairway) connecting the two bombsites. Displacement is little off there. You should have also created a new post on fpsbanana from this map. Now it stays down under and nobody will know that there is a new map, unless they browse the really old maps.
My CS Source, TF2, L4D2 maps http://www.ics-base.net/
ics

Player: ICS
STEAM_0:0:5037801

Postby LurkyUK on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm

the thing with the stairs was that if i lowered the displacement any more it went lower then the stairs and would cover up the sky box you can see, but when you looked at it going down the stairs there was an even bigger gap on that side. at the end of the day its my fault and should of tested it before committing to having those stairs.

the areas that are not obviously not blocked off i just forgot about really. people quickly learned you can't go down there and when i have been playing the map it wasn't a problem with the veterans so it slipped my mind. lesson learned though.

as for not starting a new thing with fpsbanana, i don't really care lol ukcs is the only server i've played on in the past 2/3 years so i don't really care if others play it. i do only make maps for here and i've even started putting '_ukcs' in map names (check de_parthenon_ukcs a bit further down the page). in fact i'd like it if you'd give me your thoughts on that map too.

i hope the things you've mentioned don't ruin this map for you and you enjoy it. take it easy

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Postby argandahalf on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Will be looking forward to seeing this on the server as exile_b2 is one of my favourite maps at the moment. Great for ambushing ppl with knife :)

Though it is actually one of the few hossie maps that works well as hossie map, so sort of a shame to see that change, will completely change the whole map dynamic. How about having both versions on rotation? :)
~arithond

™ JM 10* CyBo®G^^ : ARITOD YOU MADER
Lord Isaac Hunt |ukcs| : YOU NEED AN ASBO ARITHOND
|13| iBlax!|UKCS| : ARIT U BIATDCH!
IrishKev666 : arithond i have a name for you that starts with a B and ends with a D can you guess it
Face Drop>.< : DIE IRISH DIE ARITHOND DIE EVERYBODY1
killmaster : [R] hate arithond
argandahalf

Player: arithond
STEAM_0:0:4937544

Postby LurkyUK on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:11 am

bump. its been a year and the old version is still being run. Can we get this version to replace the old unfinished one?

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Postby argandahalf on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Yeah, it's a shame it's not been on rotation. Don't replace it, have both of them and see which people prefer.
~arithond

™ JM 10* CyBo®G^^ : ARITOD YOU MADER
Lord Isaac Hunt |ukcs| : YOU NEED AN ASBO ARITHOND
|13| iBlax!|UKCS| : ARIT U BIATDCH!
IrishKev666 : arithond i have a name for you that starts with a B and ends with a D can you guess it
Face Drop>.< : DIE IRISH DIE ARITHOND DIE EVERYBODY1
killmaster : [R] hate arithond
argandahalf

Player: arithond
STEAM_0:0:4937544

Postby cowboyfromhell on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:24 pm

We used to do that with the Pariahs - de_pariah was far more popular.

Bomb maps just seem a bit more balanced.

I will point the Maps team in this way...

cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Postby LurkyUK on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 am

I much prefer the bomb versions myself. i just wish i could brush up de_pariah and add cubemaps and stuff which i didn't know about when i released it. who is in charge or the maps then? i want to talk them into putting the updated version of de_pasdequartier on because the original runs so bad on my pc that i can't play it on server 1

LurkyUK
Map Tester

Postby cowboyfromhell on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:12 am

cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Return to Map Making, Your Releases & Help