Hammer Error "The system cannot find the file specified"

Please use this area if you are creating or discussing the development of your own maps. Please keep one thread per map under development and put [WIP] at the beginning. [RELEASE] If you are posting about a map you have released.

Hammer Error "The system cannot find the file specified"

Postby Stretch on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Friendly Greetings.
Making a map and when I tried to run it. I get a error message saying "The system cannot find the file specified."
A few sites said to change the name (which I did) but still no luck.
Here is the compile log:

** Executing...
** Command: "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\day of defeat source\dod" "X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul 7 2010)
2 threads
materialPath: x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\day of defeat source\dod\materials
Loading X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.vmf
Could not locate 'GameData' key in x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\day of defeat source\dod\gameinfo.txt
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.prt...Building visibility clusters...
done (0)
Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
skybox/sky_day01_01*.vmt
! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...
Found a displacement edge abutting multiple other edges.
Warning: overflowed 397 displacement corner-neighbor lists.Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
Displacement 62 has bad geometry near 0.00 -1536.00 -162.47
Can't compile displacement physics, exiting. Texture is GROUND/FLASH_GROUND_BLEND

** Executing...
** Command: "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\day of defeat source\dod" -fast "X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul 7 2010)
fastvis = true
2 threads
reading x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.bsp
Error opening x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -game "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\day of defeat source\dod" "X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul 7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[39 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.bsp
Error opening x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "X:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\sourcesdk_content\dod\mapsrc\twohalfsniper.bsp" "x:\program files\steam\steamapps\stretchgargan\day of defeat source\dod\maps\twohalfsniper.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

I had made a few maps before but with this map I put a bit more detail in it, Not too much

-S

UPDATE: Won't let me run maps for any game :(
Stretch
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Stretch
STEAM_0:1:19928525

Re: Hammer Error "The system cannot find the file specified"

Postby alias on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Displacement 62 has bad geometry near 0.00 -1536.00 -162.47
Can't compile displacement physics, exiting. Texture is GROUND/FLASH_GROUND_BLEND

You messed up a displacement somewhere. Thats why it doesnt compile.

Use this page to check your compile when you think its not working: http://www.interlopers.net/errors/

It show the error and how to fix it.
Now on the workshop!
Image Image

Currently working on: MvM Intercept (2nd place on phase 1 (layout stage) of the TF2Maps contest)
Add me to steamfriends (click here)
alias
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Alias
STEAM_0:0:2502992

Return to Map Making, Your Releases & Help