Did anyone sent anything to Valve?

Please use this area if you are creating or discussing the development of your own maps. Please keep one thread per map under development and put [WIP] at the beginning. [RELEASE] If you are posting about a map you have released.

Did anyone sent anything to Valve?

Postby Briareos on Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello guys, the other day, just got an idea for a weapon with an story background for TF2.
And I saw, that the TF2 Contribution is still up http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/index.php

Did anyone sent anything to them?
Any reply from them after that? Any prize or recognition for them?

I'm really curious, and I prefer a reply from a closer and trustful place, like here.

Thanks in advance for the answers, and any tip are very welcome
Hey, check it out, this look like a bo...
Briareos
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Briareos [UKCS]
STEAM_0:1:5671745

Re: Did anyone sent anything to Valve?

Postby Snowbat on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:33 pm

This thread is old, but since I'm pretty new here I thought I could answer the question for other people if they want to know: yes I have sent stuff to Valve in the past. Namely my custom campaign for L4D2 which got featured around Haloween last year.
Now I got to say, L4D2 campaigns usually get more attention because they take up more work and time than a TF2 map so Valve noticed it without me contacting them, but usually if you want to ask a question to Valve, your best bet is to contact Chet Faliszek.
Chet is a very friendly person but keep in mind that he gets tons of mail every day. Sometimes he'll answer a mail the next day if you're lucky, sometimes after a week, sometimes not at all.

And judging from what is being said in the L4D2 Mappers Mailing List in which Chet is active, yes they seem to still take community made maps through that link you gave for TF2.

However, other than the recognition and the satisfaction that Valve themselves seem to like your work, you won't get any rewards. Well at least us L4D2 mappers didn't get any.

Just give it a shot. It doesn't cost you anything.

PS: "Did anyone sent anything to Valve?"... tss tss tss it should be "Did anyone send anything to Valve?" :P
Sorry... it's stronger than me.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby ApacheFlame on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks for the reply to this snowbat, particularly given your experience.

Although please remember that for a large part of UKCS, English is not their first or even second language! I realise with UK in the title this may not be obvious :)
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby Snowbat on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm

ApacheFlame wrote:Although please remember that for a large part of UKCS, English is not their first or even second language! I realise with UK in the title this may not be obvious :)

I know and I wasn't saying it to mock him or anything but might as well provide some free English class to someone eh :-)
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Return to Map Making, Your Releases & Help