Clan Stacking on UKCS TF2 Servers.

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

Clan Stacking on UKCS TF2 Servers.

Postby Xerxes on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Clan Stacking on UKCS TF2 Servers

Over time it has become apparent that the clan stacking that occurs on the TF2 servers has had a detrimental effect to the enjoyment of regular players. Because of this, we are forced to enact some new rules regarding clan stacking. Whilst we have an automatic scrambler, it is not always possible for it to react in a manner that maintains a good playing atmosphere for all players and we have had to introduce additional supplemental rules to achieve this.

If it is felt that there is a serious imbalance in favour of a clanned team or there is a significant bias towards this the following will happen:

1. An admin will request that the team with the stacked clan balances themselves at the earliest convenience. There will be only one request for this to happen.
  2. If the request is ignored or the team chooses not to rebalance the teams at the earliest point then action will be taken to redress the balance.
Players that untag before joining UKCS TF2 servers to circumvent this rule will be dealt with in the same way.

This new rule will apply to all UKCS TF2 servers and all clans who play on the them. It is important to delineate that clan stacking does not always equate to a poor playing atmosphere to other players- UKCS admins will only take this step if it is felt that the clanned team is causing a serious deterioration in the enjoyment of other players. All action taken by UKCS admins is logged to ensure this is conducted fairly.

UKCS hosts public servers that anyone should feel comfortable joining, and we hope that this new ruling will help us to maintain this feeling.

This topic will be left open for reasonable discussion, but please be aware that this ruling has been discussed at length and will not change.

Xerxes
UKCS Vice President
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Xerxes
STEAM_0:0:2949329

Re: Clan Stacking on UKCS TF2 Servers.

Postby Alvarez on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Sounds fair if the admins make a good judgement call (which they usually do!)
Alvarez
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: shawamama
STEAM_0:0:17538092

Postby Shuriken on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:51 am

Deliniate, nice word.

As there's not really much to talk on, can we discuss how you managed to get that word in yet conversely made the first sentence grammatically defunct? 8)

<3
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Blissnabob on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:19 pm

It's good to see this written down for future reference. Read and understood.
ImageImage
Thanks to brutal, my Serbian homeboy for the sig.
Blissnabob

Player: [cFc] bliss
STEAM_0:0:9616370

Postby {TPUK}Advocate on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Apart from Admins being able to force a balance I thought this was pretty much how it was anyway.

Good to see a definite ruling on it though.

{TPUK}Advocate
UKCS Sponsor

Player: WindowLicker
STEAM_0:1:10948978

Postby Sunzoffski on Mon May 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Please could you enforce this rule.

Happens a lot that server 8 has clan stacking.

Thanks.

Sunzoffski
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Sunzoffski
STEAM_0:0:15889780

Postby Binerexis on Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 pm

If you see it happening then inform the admins. If we're not told about it, we can't enforce it. You can contact the admins in game by putting @ at the start of your message.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat