Vote pop ups during play

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

Vote pop ups during play

Postby SLAINE on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

This is starting to drive me crazy, and I am sure not the only one......

Is there no way the voting system can be changed to prevent, during play on TF2, not being able to select weapons etc because you are being asked what you think of the map and what map you would like next?

It's a silly system and could easily be altered.

SLAINE
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: SLAINE
STEAM_0:0:5471631

Re: Vote pop ups during play

Postby ApacheFlame on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Type settings in chat. It may be /settings I forget :)
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby Binerexis on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 am

You can also alter your own habits to use the mousewheel to change weapons rather than the number keys.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby TheChrisD on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Binerexis wrote:You can also alter your own habits to use the mousewheel to change weapons rather than the number keys.

Bin, you should know by now after god knows how many people asking about this, that it's not terribly easy to switch from num keys to mouse-wheel, especially on classes with lots of weapon slots (Engie, Spy), or weapon switch precision in general.
TheChrisD
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: TheChrisD
STEAM_0:1:12934226

Postby Binerexis on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:28 pm

I've only ever really used the mousewheel for weapon switching and as I've said many times, I don't find a problem with it. Just because some people don't find it easy doesn't mean that I'm going to stop pointing out that it solves the problem.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby SLAINE on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 am

ApacheFlame wrote:Type settings in chat. It may be /settings I forget :)

This does not turn off the voted map popping up nor the 'what do you think of this map' vote, even though it's the same maps time and again. I can only tell you how shit Goldrush is so many times. Nobody but nobody likes their game interupted like this and loads of people moan about it. Are you even using that data and if so what for, you did not deliver on your promise of 'something new' coming to server 8 at Christmas.

SLAINE
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: SLAINE
STEAM_0:0:5471631

Postby Deathtaker27 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 am

TC wrote:We're using the steam code to display the menu and they've written it to steal the focus and unfortunately that can't be changed. You'll notice i've set it that the map choices start at "2", and this is because I changed it so "1" is always close on any popup. It used to be "0". The reason its "1" is so its very easy to close quickly as its by your fingers were as "0" would mean 'letting go' to reach it. The map vote always happens 2 minutes before the end of round.

On CSS, a round based game, we are able to make the popup occur at the start of a round, between buy and fight. There isn't the same opportunity on TF2 and one of the unique features on UKCS is the live results which players like. If the votes were split to individual timing, that would cease to work.

You can turn the votes off on UKCS servers by saying 'settings' and choosing the right option. There are a number of other customisations you can make to your experience under settings too.

FYI
Thanks Podge, speccy and Tao
Deathtaker27
Old Timer

Player: DT - RS
STEAM_0:1:22687060

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat