Team Scramble and Dustbowl

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

Re: Team Scramble and Dustbowl

Postby Snowbat on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 pm

gandy wrote:Dont worry Binerexis i understand that, there was two scrambles when i was playing yesterday and the amount of people that left was almost none as a result which is a positive result in my eye's.

I will admit im am pushing this for a selfish reason, I start playing TF2 normally between 9am and 10am and i cant play on empty servers and players in the morning can be a little more volatile to heavily unbalanced teams and as a result starting the servers can take a long time if that unbalance happens. In the evenings its not as bad but the servers can still half empty or worse which is no good for getting some good TF2 time in.

So yeah when i play TF2 in the mornings i would like to play on UKCS if possible which could only happen when the servers become even better than they are now :)

Trust me mate, like my fellow admins said, we are indeed discussing this internally. But rushing things would probably do more harm than good.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am

gandy wrote:I will admit im am pushing this for a selfish reason, I start playing TF2 normally between 9am and 10am and i cant play on empty servers and players in the morning can be a little more volatile to heavily unbalanced teams and as a result starting the servers can take a long time if that unbalance happens. In the evenings its not as bad but the servers can still half empty or worse which is no good for getting some good TF2 time in.

You should idle on the UKCS mumble and you'll always find people willing to start a server with you!
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby gandy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:22 pm

tbh i just want to play and not worry and the way the scramble is atm, its doing a good job as i dont see half the team leaving when they are getting owned by the other team as i think people know a scramble will happen now so many thanks to the admins for looking at it again and making changes :)

I do see a lot more people trying to !votescramble so maybe that is something the admins can chat about and if it needs implementing then allow vote scramble on the servers, im 50-50 over vote scramble as i know some players would try to abuse it which is not a good thing for the rest of the players on server.
gandy
VP (Retired)

Player: gandy
STEAM_0:1:5083494

Postby Flawless on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00 am

Allowing vote scramble? What an awful suggestion. Giving any user(s) the power to directly influence team balance has hardly been a winner in the past. This whole thread confuses me, I haven't heard of any change to the scramble system in a long time. Perhaps because I am mod, but it would seem the sort of thing that would be announced to UKCS if there was any major change, why shit were you eat?
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby gandy on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 am

Well they are always free to ban me Flawless if they think im out of order by trying to make the servers a little better and fairer for all.. i dont mind :)
gandy
VP (Retired)

Postby Flawless on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

I don't think anyone takes issue with trying to make UKCS a better place but the manner in which you insist to do so. Not sure why you think you should be banned either, unless you are requesting one? That's something you should speak to an admin about.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby gandy on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:46 pm

I have rubbed up the admin team the wrong way by pointing out issues and asking ( well almost demanding ) they be fixed which im personally fine with as if the players dont tell you what's wrong the servers will fail in due time which from my point of view is not acceptable and watching half the server leave over team balance is wrong and big sign that something is wrong with that server. An easy fix has helped it along and now people want to stay a bit longer from what i have seen so its all good :)

Remember almost no one is posting in the TF2 section anymore which is very very bad for the ukcs tf2 community and the forum side needs the spark of life put back into it to.

If i was an admin i would be doing more than i am atm but i like being a player on server with no worries :)
gandy
VP (Retired)

Postby Ger-h on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:58 pm

as snowbat said it is being noticed by the seniors.they will have look into it .like everything which brought up on the froums. :)
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby gandy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:27 pm

have you guys made any changes as it seems to slower than what it was to kick in since the update on Saturday, Ive noticed that on Saturday it struggled to even kick in while i was playing and the teams was unbalanced quite badly, same again today ( as well as sunday ) that its taking a long time for it to kick in but it cost 10 players then two rounds later i think, it kicked in which was a bit late for the skill unbalance that happened.
gandy
VP (Retired)

Postby Yarden on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 pm

This scramble seems to do more harm than good.

Today on #3 the game was one sided. scramble kicked in and actually took out the only 2 good players on the loosing team.
Also, I was just thinking why not set up a class limit for snipers and spy? its amazing how sometimes people choose to play sniper/spy even though there already 3-4 other players playing it.

Yarden
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Yarden
STEAM_0:0:16565836

Postby Salva on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 am

circles circles circles

havnt we been here before hahaha

class limiters won't happen, it's been brought up numerous times before aswell as scrambling, it's not something thats going to be implemented, can't stop people playing what they want to play unfortunately.

as for scrambling, id say it's another one of those things unfortunately, very hard to implement and tweak fairly, can't give the players control or it would happen every round.

but theres got to be a cut off when its just becoming a stomp, it's just finding a fairish balance. then again your probably just gonna end up with all the snipers being scrambled to one team :p
Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Postby gandy on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:59 am

maybe the gscramble mod would be better as that can scramble based on game me rank or other things,

Scramble-Modes

14 Sort Modes
1 = Random
2 = Scoreboard Scores
3 = A ratio of score and connection time
4 = Player kill/death ratios
5 = Swap the top players on each team
6 = Use GameMe rank
7 = Use GameMe Skill
8 = Use GameMe Global Rank
9 = Use GameMe Global Skill
10 = Use GameME session skill change
11 = Use HlxCE Rank
12 = Use HlxCE Skill
13 = Sort players by player class
14 = Plugin randomly chooses a mode from all the available
Make admins, medics, or engineers immune from scramble
Respawn everyone after scramble depending on time and setting
Charge medic ubercannon if scramble occurs during setup
Reset setup timer if scramble occurs during setup

Auto-Scramble

scramble when one team is over-powered
can trigger a vote instead of scrambling

Auto-Balance

Dueling players immune from auto-balance
Balance valid players (admin, engineers, top scoring players, players helping their team (cp captures, flag touching, sentry destroying), and medics all can be made immune)
Force balance after teams have been imbalanced too long
gandy
VP (Retired)

Postby Salva on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Stats on ukcs tf2 were also pretty pointless anyway, way to many variables to measure real game skill by and I don't think they ever really reset do they?

Kills deaths, scoreboard position aswell wouldn't work as an engineer might have 3 kills and be bottom of the table but he's th one responsible for getting everyone to the front of the map, possibly making the biggest contribution to the team
Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Postby TheChrisD on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Salva wrote:Kills deaths, scoreboard position aswell wouldn't work as an engineer might have 3 kills and be bottom of the table but he's th one responsible for getting everyone to the front of the map, possibly making the biggest contribution to the team

Rather than pure scoreboard position, that score per minute variable would work rather well to determine who is being a credit to their team and who isn't.
TheChrisD
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: TheChrisD
STEAM_0:1:12934226

Postby Deathtaker27 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 pm

I wouldn't mind some kind of class balance as well, so you don't move the medics from one and the spys from the other etc ...
Thanks Podge, speccy and Tao
Deathtaker27
Old Timer

Player: DT - RS
STEAM_0:1:22687060

Postby Binerexis on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:40 am

If you have class protection, I can picture people who know about it switching to a protected class at the end of the round if they don't want to be scrambled.

I also don't like the idea of a scramble being based off score in any way. What if I'm playing with a less skilled friend and want to stay on their team when they get scrambled? It seems like they're being punished just for not being as good. If there's going to be scramble on the server at all, it should be completely random. As for when it kicks in, the current algorithm seems pretty reliable. I agree with Salva that a scramble shouldn't be able to be activated by players as it has a potential for abuse.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Previous

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat