Why UKCS?

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

Re: Why UKCS?

Postby ApacheFlame on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:00 pm

If you play medic and come on mumble I will apologise in advance. I have managed to insult at least 2 medics not knowing they were on mumble. Apparently they are not psychic, who knew? It will soon be known as "doing an Apache", I am sure, despite me being genuinely repentant :( Other than that, if you can handle the weirdness then come join us. Lurk if you like, if you don't feel like piping up, but we are generally an accepting lot :)
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby Ama_ on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Because the community didn't feel as cold and elitist as some other communities I tried, even though I think I'm too bad to be playing there :P

Ama_

Player: Λmα_
STEAM_0:0:37787598

Postby Binerexis on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Ama_ wrote:Because the community didn't feel as cold and elitist as some other communities I tried, even though I think I'm too bad to be playing there :P

stfu nub lolololololol
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Ama_ on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Binerexis wrote:
Ama_ wrote:Because the community didn't feel as cold and elitist as some other communities I tried, even though I think I'm too bad to be playing there :P

stfu nub lolololololol

At least it's a nice change from being called a hacker on Valve servers :lol:

Ama_

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:12 am

ApacheFlame wrote:Other than that, if you can handle the weirdness then come join us. Lurk if you like, if you don't feel like piping up, but we are generally an accepting lot :)

Well, YOU guys are weird. I'm completely normal in my little fortress. Surrounded by lunatics, though.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Neuro the Legit Samurai
STEAM_0:0:3125332

Postby Mr.Bloo on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Almost play #8 only, love killing ppl in there, friendly bunch.

It´s hot in Toooppppeeeekkkkaaaa!
Mr.Bloo
Recruit Member

STEAM_01:24820952

Postby Snowbat on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Charlotte wrote:Because there are people on it who talk.
Valve servers, while populated earlier in the day, don't have people actively talking. Unless they're calling me a hacker.

I can't say all people are nice on UKCS, but there are a few people that I'd rather not see die painfully to a sentry gun.

Yes join us on mumble.
Just keep in mind, if I call other guys scum, I don't mean it. It's just my way to say hello.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby DarkMalfunction on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:55 am

Why UKCS?

Because:
A) it was the first non-French CS:S server I saw when organised by ping
B) It was the first server where no-one laughed at me for being a noob ( I like to think I've improved in the 6 months I've had CS, I'm no longer at the bottom of the rank boards XD
C) As the CS:GO servers are always empty, it's great for practising against bots.
and D) Because the community is always up for a laugh rather than being dead serious (CS:S #4 has had me rolling in tears before at what people do).

DarkMalfunction
Recruit Member

Player: Recessio
STEAM_0:0:52684718

Postby rgslane the trackpad on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:50 pm

remember that time i was playing pocket soldier/demo and you were playing scout on Upward and you managed to dominate me 4 times
how do you think I feel?
*cries*

rgslane the trackpad
UKCS Sponsor

Player: mousepad returns
STEAM_0:1:43601753

Postby Ama_ on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:20 am

rgslane the trackpad wrote:

remember that time i was playing pocket soldier/demo and you were playing scout on Upward and you managed to dominate me 4 times
how do you think I feel?
*cries*

did I really dominate you 4 times (especially as scout) :shock: , either way I'm sorry this happened man *pats you on the back*

Ama_

Postby Bex on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:07 am

Dauntless wrote:
Ger-h wrote:ukcs is the best tf2 servers :) <3

+1

Love 'um! Its the people, they make good servers great.

This. The majority of people on UKCS are friendly, and that's why I started playing regularly on UKCS servers.
I play #8 most of the time, and I actually feel welcome - something I've never felt in any other server before, particularly as I'm not the most skilled player. I've found the players to be really friendly and helpful, as well as the admins (particularly Orbital who has helped me out a few times and is always friendly). While I'm still quite a bad player overall, I definitely feel that I've improved in recent months as I've been playing every night on #8. It's pushed me to do my best to try to always support the team as best I can.
I rarely ever play anywhere else.
UKCS is unique <3
Bex
UKCS Admin

Player: Bex
STEAM_0:0:18427766

Postby rgslane the trackpad on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Bex wrote:
Dauntless wrote:
Ger-h wrote:ukcs is the best tf2 servers :) <3

I definitely feel that I've improved in recent months as I've been playing every night on #8. It's pushed me to do my best to try to always support the team as best I can.

I've not been on for a while... but I'm sure #2 and #4/7 are great for improving. The players there convinced me to stop using a trackpad and actually buy a mouse and help the team.
Sometimes.

rgslane the trackpad
UKCS Sponsor

Player: mousepad returns
STEAM_0:1:43601753

Previous

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat