Killstreak kit for my s huntsman

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

Killstreak kit for my s huntsman

Postby 9_Bar on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:22 pm

hey all,

i want to get a killstreak kit for my s huntsman but there is 5 differant one's and i have no idea which one to get, i have some wallet funds for the market (£10), prices range from £1.50 up to £23.
so is the cheapest one just the basic killstreak ?
do they all need robot parts ?

all advice welcome

cheers
9_Bar
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Fubar™
STEAM_0:0:3799722

Re: Killstreak kit for my s huntsman

Postby mfodor on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Higher tiers of Killstreak weapons also have cosmetic effects; while standard Killstreak weapons only have the kill counter, Specialized Killstreak weapons also have a colored sheen, and Professional Killstreak weapons add a colored particle effect to the user's eyes. These eye particle effects start at 5 kills and are minimally visual, while at 10 kills the effect becomes greatly noticable.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Killstreak_kit
mfodor
UKCS Sponsor

Player: ks
STEAM_0:0:20737008

Postby ApacheFlame on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:16 pm

I will TL;DR for you.

On the market you can buy:

1. Weapons with killstreaks already enabled: Equip and go!
  2. Killstreak kits: Ready to apply to a weapon
  3. Killstreak kit fabricators: You need robot parts to make the kit, then you need a weapon to apply it to - best to avoid if you are not already an MvM'er

The kits also come in 3 levels:

1. Killstreak: Counts your kill streaks, displays it on the scorboard and your HUD
  2. Specialized killstreak: As above + a 'sheen' on your weapon. A wave of colour runs over the weapon periodically
  3. Professional killstreak: As above + it will make your eyes do something funky, like an unusual hat. There are loads of different type of effects and colours. Listed here.

Why are there so many variants?

Well if you have a kit (ready to apply to a weapon), you can apply it to almost any 'type' of that weapon. For instance, a killstreak force a nature kit can be applied to a standard force a nature, a vintage force a nature, a strange force a nature, a festive force a nature, a strange festive force a nature, an australium force a nature etc etc. It just depends on what you want the final outcome to be. Do you want it to track kills and killstreaks? Then you need to apply the kit to a strange version of the weapon. This all has an impact on the price.

The other major price impact is how shiny you want to look. To make the first level killstreak stuff you just need the kit, they drop as that so they are quite cheap. To make the next level up, so specialized kits, you need a standard killstreak weapon plus robot parts, which bumps the price. To make a professional you need to already have a specialized killstreak weapon plus a load more robot parts, so it gets pricey. It's kind of like the scrap metal -> reclaimed -> refined.

Obviously if you want a professional strange australium scattergun then you are going to pay through the roof for it because professional stuff is expensive, and the australium stuff is rare and therefore expensive and from a certain point of view the 'popular' weapons are always going to be more expensive. Think scattergun/stick launcher/kritz krieg etc, whereas a 'big earner' is used by bugger all people and so will probably be cheap.

If you decide to buy a professional kit fabricator, it may seem cheap, but then you need to buy/play a lot of MvM to get a specialized weapon and a load of robot parts to make it into the kit, before you even apply it to a weapon.

Hmm, this has ended up more garbled than I thought it would. :scratch:

Hope it makes sense, but if it doesn't then ask more questions :P

tl:dr; price goes up with how shiny/rare the thing you want is. Do you want fire coming out your eyes or just something that has no effects and tracks killstreaks? Also, do you want it strange, so that it tracks kills too? I guess you don't care about it being vintage or not as it has no impact on game play.
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby 9_Bar on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:26 pm

thanks guys, very helpfull, i think i will go with the specialized kit, will go on the market and have a looksy

cheers
9_Bar
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Snowbat on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm

My advice would be to buy a specialized huntsman killstreak kit and apply it to the huntsman you already have.
That way, if your huntsman has any stats (if it's Strange), it will keep those stats.
Also make sure you look in the description of whichever you buy that it has a sheen you like. The post on SPUF right here shows how the sheens look like on each weapon.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby 9_Bar on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Snowbat wrote:My advice would be to buy a specialized huntsman killstreak kit and apply it to the huntsman you already have.
That way, if your huntsman has any stats (if it's Strange), it will keep those stats.
Also make sure you look in the description of whichever you buy that it has a sheen you like. The post on SPUF right here shows how the sheens look like on each weapon.

thx snowbat, yep got the specialized kit and added it to my s huntsman, bit hard to get a long killstreak on it, but good fun trying :lol:
9_Bar
UKCS Sponsor

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat