Re: Things that grind your gears in TF2

Postby Ama_ on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Spawncamping 2 : Spambowl

Ama_

Player: Λmα_
STEAM_0:0:37787598

Postby Cole Scuttle on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 am

The number one thing that really makes me rage in TF2 is the 'weapon-reload' animation. It's afflicted by a tiny, and incredibly annoying bug, that nobody seems inclined to fix. Put simply, if playing as Medic armed with one of the syringe guns, or as Sniper with the SMG, when you fire off your magazine and then reload, it doesn't always let you empty the magazine again before the reload sequence starts without you telling it to. It's got me killed loads of times because it means I stop fighting to reload a gun that wasn't empty.

/rant

And now for some light music.

Cole Scuttle

Player: Cole Scuttle
STEAM_0:1:6079823

Postby Slavechild on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:38 am

Can't you just turn auto-reload off in the options? :scratch:
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby SkeletalBOB on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:45 am

Properly iffy looking spy stabs, facestabs and corner stabs that on your screen look like the spy is nowhere near that huge hitbox on your back but on their screen they've jumped round you and stabbed you or you've looked round or something, something millions of reasons these stabs happen but when they do it's funny but also slightly annoying as you know there is almost nothng you can do about them apart from staying far, far away from any spies, always.
ImageImage
SkeletalBOB
Senior Admin

Player: SkeletalBOB on craptop
STEAM_0:0:41790546

Postby pissed on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Rico wrote:As well as many of the ones above...
- Medics who don't heal other medics. Personally, other medics are usually my number one priority on the triage list

THIS!

Also;
- Constant teamstacking map after map
- Unable to change weapon because of votemap and dying
- Voting for wrong map while changing weapon
- When playing medic: Dying with a full ubercharge, when you know you've actually used it in time
- When playing sniper: Snipers who have a medic glued to them, taunting you after first kill
- When playing pyro: Chasing a spy at a staircase, fully aware of the the backstab tactic, ready to airblast, and still get backstabbed
- Those dodgy backstabs which are actually sidestabs
- When playing red, group of engineers who build in the tunnel at Dustbowl stg1, but don't cover the point. Also when defending at Dustbowl stg3, engineers who get cocky when the team is doing good and moving their sentries from to point to push, leaving it open for spycap.
- Random crits, random crits, random crits!

P.S. About those people who cry medic when there's nothing wrong with them. Well sometimes you just wanna get out of spawn as soon as possible and you accidentally push "E" instead of "W". Sorry... :oops:

pissed
Recruit Member

Player: pissed
STEAM_0:1:17906644

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Pocket Medics. If you're going to play the class, heal everyone!
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby pissed on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:40 am

Don't know how I missed this one:

Teammates acting like spies and running away from you for miles, without pressing left click a single time.

Why do you do that? Why?

pissed
Recruit Member

Postby misterchx on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 am

People who sit way way back behind their lines to charge up kritz/uber with medic and then rush in, retreat and keep doing that without actually going for the point but instead trying to gather up points for themselves.

Players who say "2ez", text binds and snipers who taunt when they get a hs while way back in spawn.

misterchx
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: musical jesus
STEAM_0:1:1672175

Postby pissed on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:06 pm

misterchx wrote:People who sit way way back behind their lines to charge up kritz/uber with medic and then rush in, retreat and keep doing that without actually going for the point but instead trying to gather up points for themselves.

I do that a lot, but not to gain points, to keep the uber safe. Sometimes (like the 1st point of dustbowl, stage 2, when playing blu) you get a lot of demo spam and enemy snipers have quite a good view, so it's best to just stay in spawn and overheal everyone until the charge is full.

Just wanted to make that clear :mrgreen:

pissed
Recruit Member

Postby rgslane the trackpad on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:08 pm

lag compensation
snipers who have mastered relativistic mechanics or something and use the rotation and curvature of the earth to shoot round corners

rgslane the trackpad
UKCS Sponsor

Player: mousepad returns
STEAM_0:1:43601753

Postby m4dny on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Gh0st.IRE wrote:Pocket Medics. If you're going to play the class, heal everyone!

A proper pocket medic does that, you know? :wink:
Keep everyone buffed and healthy, uber/kritz one person who knows what to do (or more if available) :D

And about a list of things...I might have a looooong one..

pissed wrote:
misterchx wrote:People who sit way way back behind their lines to charge up kritz/uber with medic and then rush in, retreat and keep doing that without actually going for the point but instead trying to gather up points for themselves.

I do that a lot, but not to gain points, to keep the uber safe. Sometimes (like the 1st point of dustbowl, stage 2, when playing blu) you get a lot of demo spam and enemy snipers have quite a good view, so it's best to just stay in spawn and overheal everyone until the charge is full.

Just wanted to make that clear :mrgreen:

Maybe if you'd heal the people in the front lines, that would be more useful?
/j #UKCS @ QuakeNet <3
m4dny
UKCS Sponsor

Player: .M4Dny! ❤ la primavera ✿✿
STEAM_0:0:27357125

Postby Lionheart on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Players who say "2ez", text binds and snipers who taunt when they get a hs while way back in spawn.

The first one!!!

I ended up air blasting a regular UKCS player forward into our base because he would retreat as the uber started to run out.
Not playing for his team at all; just going for stats :(
He didn't expect the air blasting though :D
Lionheart
Home Member

Player: Lionheart
STEAM_0:0:6224179

Postby Snowbat on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:42 am

Couple of other things I can add to my first list:

- Having 5 Snipers on my team, especially when you're BLU and supposed to attack. And stop calling for a Medic you idiots. Snipers are the lowest on my priority list. I'm hardly gonna drop a Heavy pushing just to heal your camping ass.
- Medics that don't heal other Medics. Friendly Medics should be highest on your priority list really
- "We need a Medic in our team. Someone go Medic plz"... says the 5th Sniper.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby Enigma on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Random crits
Two people pushing during uber
Idiots not taking Badwater roof when attacking
Engineers building tele exit on top of ammo packs/medpacks
Engineers stealing my frontline ammo packs
Poor hit reg
Bodyshots
Facestabs
Random crits
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: nice dead server lmao
STEAM_0:1:29505170

Postby rgslane the trackpad on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:59 pm

Snowbat wrote:"We need a Medic in our team. Someone go Medic plz"... says the 5th Sniper.

I've always remembered being told
'Nobe medic play use crossbow, more healpoint per heavy'

rgslane the trackpad
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Enigma on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:16 am

He's technically right. If you can aim with crossbow it's far better than any other primary. There's nothing better than crossbow airshot.
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Snowbat on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:30 am

Enigma wrote:He's technically right. If you can aim with crossbow it's far better than any other primary. There's nothing better than crossbow airshot.

You should be using the Medigun/Quickfix/Kritzkrieg/Vaccinator 95% of the time. Your primary is only to escape quickly.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby Enigma on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:49 am

Nah, you should be using crossbow/kritz/ubersaw 24/7. Anything else and you are not considered to be a medic.

Crossbow is much better as a primary because it's actually useful, unlike the remaining 3 syringe guns. Nothing can beat a healing arrow from across the map.

Normal uber is useless as well unless you're pocketing a heavy or pyro (lol), kritz will always be better than uber. Most of the sentries are build poorly meaning you can solo them as a demo.

My 5p.
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Postby rgslane the trackpad on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:30 am

Enigma wrote:
Nah, you should be using crossbow/kritz/ubersaw 24/7. Anything else and you are not considered to be a medic.[/quote]

what
Enigma wrote:
Crossbow is much better as a primary because it's actually useful, unlike the remaining 3 syringe guns. Nothing can beat a healing arrow from across the map.

Yeah, that I agree with

Enigma wrote:Normal uber is useless as well unless you're pocketing a heavy or pyro (lol), kritz will always be better than uber. Most of the sentries are build poorly meaning you can solo them as a demo.

right

rgslane the trackpad
UKCS Sponsor

Postby yoshi_ on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:04 am

When there are admins online here on UKCS and they don't do nothing to the ones who are using the TF2 glitch when players appear doing a taunt while actually playing. Which doesn't allow the other team to see where they aim, which way they are looking at, are they reloading or not, etc. In my opinion it's a cheat and those should be banned.
At the same time those same admins kick/ban people using a spray where there's just an image of a player, just because those admins have made fools of themselves mistakenly shooting at this image.

yoshi_
Recruit Member

STEAM_U:1:108982036

PreviousNext

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat