In-game posters question.

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

In-game posters question.

Postby ACCELERATOR - - on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Are you able to specifically place the in-game UKCS posters wherever you please? I ask only following a griefing event on 2Fort, it sort of sprung to my attention that alot of players still aren't aware of how to report people to Admins, so i was wondering if you could drop the Admin reporting poster somewhere nice and clear on on maps so everybody is aware of what to do in future, since apparently the griefing had gone on for a while before i'd even joined the server and reported them myself.

ACCELERATOR - -
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: mrCK
STEAM_0:1:26540695

Re: In-game posters question.

Postby Snowbat on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:00 pm

If I remember correctly, there is a poster saying "someone taking the piss, contact an admin" or something, but maybe it would be a good idea to put them up at more Obvious spots and more specifically mention the "@" chat command to call an admin.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby ApacheFlame on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm

The poster locations are manual, so that is something we can control. AFAIK, the actual posters that are put on the server are pretty much randomly chosen from the 'active pool' when the map is loaded. I will check this though.
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby wickybrook on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:32 am

so i was wondering if you could drop the Admin reporting poster somewhere nice and clear on on maps so everybody is aware of what to do in future,??
We offer best quality pmp certification test papers and test-king ielts exam preparation dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed questions coloradomesa.edu to help you in passing the real exam. flsouthern.edu
wickybrook

fdsffds3fdsfds

Postby Kaelan002 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Snowbat wrote:If I remember correctly, there is a poster saying "someone taking the piss, contact an admin" or something, but maybe it would be a good idea to put them up at more Obvious spots and more specifically mention the "@" chat command to call an admin.

Image ?

Had no idea this was still up, woo

Edit: Just noticed how long ago that post was, whoops...
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary, those that don't, and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.

[video =373,150]http://a.pomf.se/ixefrf.webm[/video] Now shhhh Kaelan... OOOOOOH
pomf.se is ded. :'(
Kaelan002
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Kae
STEAM_0:1:29878923

Postby Binerexis on Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:44 pm

There's usually at least one person on the server who knows the command and it pops up occasionally in the top left.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat