The TF2 Gun Mettle Update

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

The TF2 Gun Mettle Update

Postby heuji on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:12 am

http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/

pretty much pay to win. contracts are hardly going to be difficult unless you can only do 'contracts' on certain servers.. even then, valve run servers aren't exactly testing.
it's pretty much another way to get folk into, effectively, crate opening. i guess they need the funds for the matchmaking development.

so, who's going to take part? i guess i'll give it a go when i can credit my account on monday. losing 3 days 'contract' time i'm sure wont be a problem.
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Re: The TF2 Gun Mettle Update

Postby heuji on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:29 am

GAME PLAY CHANGES

New feature : Weapon exchange and pick up. Weapons dropped by killed players can no longer be picked up for ammo. Killed players will now also drop a medium ammo box. Players that can normally equip the dropped weapon (proper class) can look at the weapon and press the 'action key' to exchange it with what they have equipped. The player's equipped weapon will be dropped on the exchange.
Inspect Target has been changed to Inspect Target or Item. While having a decorated weapon deployed with no target under the cross hair and then pressing the bound inspect key (+inspect) , an interruptible view model animation will play.
Random Damage Spread is off by default (ConVar tf_damage_disablespread is set to 1).
Auto reload is on by default (ConVar cl_autoreload 1). Existing users will still use their currently set value. This setting can be changed under Advance Options or through the developer console.
Updated various weapon descriptions to better detail the weapon's features.

Class and Weapon Changes

SPY

Spy no longer smacks himself in the face while reloading a revolver (New Spy revolver reload animation that does not block cross hair)
Changing to a new disguise while already under a disguise takes 0.5 seconds instead of the normal disguise time of 2 seconds
In the disguise menu, pressing 'reload' will also toggle the disguise team.
While invisible, Spy receives 20% less damage from all damage sources
While invisible, Spy has reduced timer on debuffs (fire, jarate, milk, bleed)
Decreased the damage penalty on Sentries sapped by the Spy from -66% to -33% (i.e. shooting a Sentry the Spy sapped with a Revolver is now more effective)

Spy-cicle

Changed fire immunity for 3 seconds to fire immunity for 1 second and 7 seconds of afterburn immunity
Removed silent killer attribute
Spy-cicle recharge timer can now be reduced by picking up ammo boxes

Enforcer

Changed +20% damage bonus while undisguised to +20% damage bonus while disguised

Big Earner

Added 3 second speed gain on kill

Kunai

Health penalty reduced from -65 to -55 (70 Health total)
Minimum Health gain of 75 on kill
Maximum overheal from Kunai increased from 195 to 210

Cloak and Dagger

Can now pick up ammo kits for cloak meter while visible. Previously could not pick up ammo packs for cloak. Cloak gain is at a reduced rate when compared to stock invis watch on ammo pick up

Dead Ringer

Triggering Feign Death instantly removes 50% cloak meter
Changed increased drain rate to a decreased drain rate. Overall duration of invisibility is still 7 seconds when accounting for initial spend of 50 cloak meter for triggering Feign Death
Decreased cloak regen rate from +80% to +50%
When Feign Death is triggered, the Spy receives a 3 second speed boost
Initial attack that triggers feign death has its damage reduced by 50%
Damage resistance on triggering feign death scales over time. 65% to 20% over 3 seconds
Feign Death stealth has no bump shimmer for 3 seconds
3 seconds after triggering Feign Death, the Spy is under normal invisible conditions (20% armor and shimmers if bumped or shot)
Can no longer pick up ammo for cloak meter while cloaked

ENGINEER

Construction boosts (wrench hits, redeploys) from multiple sources is now additive instead of multiplicative. Calculations are based around a 1x base building speed.
Increased base wrench construction speed on hit boost by 50%. Buildings now build 2.5x faster instead of just 2x (additive of 1.5x + base speed)
Teleporters and Dispensers redeploy +50% faster (2.5x without wrench boost, 5.5x with wrench boost)
Building pick up speed penalty reduced from 25% to 10%
On Wrench equip change, buildings no longer self-destruct unless the building type is changed (i.e. Only Sentry explodes when switching from Wrench to Gunslinger)
Building repair costs increased from 20 metal to 33 metal to repair 100hp per wrench hit (from 5HP per metal to 3HP per metal)
Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries have less passive damage resistance against Heavy miniguns. Level 2 Sentry Minigun resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 Changed from 33% to 20%

Gunslinger / Minisentry

Mini Sentries can now be repaired
Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.
Mini Sentries start at 50% health on construction and gain health during construction instead of starting at 100%
Metal gibs from destroyed Mini Sentries no longer grant any metal

Pomson 6000

Uber and Cloak drain decreases over distance from target. Decreases start at 512 Hammer Units (Hu) from target and reach 0 drain at 1536Hu

Wrangler

Ammo and Repair given to a shielded Sentry is reduced by the strength of the shield (66% reduced) when shield is active
Engineer death keeps the Wrangled sentry shielded and disabled for 3 seconds, same as when Wrangler is switched away. Previously Engineer death caused disable state for only 1 second

Jag

With the change to Base Construction boost, Jag bonus has improved. 30% increase of 1.5x makes a total of 1.95x (total of 2.95x when base speed is added)
Added +15% swing speed.
Added 20% repair penalty. Repairs will give up to 80hp per swing instead 100hp per swing.

The Short Circuit

Projectile destruction has been moved to alt-fire at the cost of -15 per shot. There is a 0.5s cool down between attempts and refire
Cannot pick up buildings when the Short Circuit is deployed

Eureka Effect

Previous penalties have been removed and replaced with the following
Construction hit speed boost decreased by 50%
50% less metal from pickups and dispensers

SCOUT

Baby Face's Blaster

Added Boost reduction on taking damage.
Increased amount of Boost lost on air jump

Short Stop

No longer uses secondary ammo and now uses primary ammo instead
Healing and knockback passives are only active when weapon is deployed

Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol

Passive effects on the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are only in effect when the weapon is deployed
Removed +15 max health passive
Added up to +3 health per hit
Changed damage vulnerability from +50% fire to +20% all sources while active

Fan O' War

Now crits whenever it would normally mini-crit
Reduced damage penalty from -90% to -75%

SOLDIER

Airstrike

Removed clipsize penalty
Reduced radius penalty from -15% to -10%
Reduced damage penalty from -25% to -15%
Rocket jump blast damage reduction reduced from -25% to -15%

Equalizer and Escape Plan

Changed no healing penalty to 90% less healing from Medics while active

Blackbox

Changed +15 health on hit to +20 health on hit per attack
Changed how health on hit works for radius damage. Is now capped per attack and scales with total damage done relative to base damage.
i.e. doing 45 damage nets +10 health on hit as base damage is 90. Hitting 3 enemies for 45 each for a total of 135 damage only returns +20 health.

Liberty Launcher

Now has +25% clip size

Battalions Backup

Fixed an issue that caused rocket jumps to be decreased when it was active.

DEMOMAN

Tide Turner

Self damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
Fall damage will no longer decrease charge when charging
Amount of charge taken away on damage when charging reduced from 3 to 1 per point of damage

Bootlegger / Ali Baba's Wee Booties

Added +10% movement speed bonus
Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill

The Claidheamh Mòr

Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill

Loch-n-Load

Changed +20% damage bonus to +20% damage against buildings

Iron Bomber

Removed damage penalty on self-detonate
Reduced radius penalty from -20% to -15%

Quickiebomb Launcher

Damage is now increased based on charge amount when the bomb is fired

Ullapool Caber

Reduced explosion base damage from 100 to 75
Reduced damage ramp up bonus for close range attacks. Now is the same as other explosive weapons.

PYRO

Flaregun

Added text to describe 100% critical hits on burning targets

Scorch Shot

Reduced damage penalty from -50% to -35%
Now has increased knock back on burning targets
Increased the blast radius from flares from 92Hu to 110Hu
Hits and explosions always minicrit burning targets

Detonator

Added text to describe 100% minicrits on burning targets
Slightly increased blast jump height when doing a Detonator jump
Increased blast radius from 92Hu to 110Hu
Detonated explosions now also minicrit burning targets
Increased damage penalty to -25%
Increased self-damage penalty from +25% to +50%

MEDIC

Vaccinator

Fixed a bug that gave Vaccinator patients full crit immunity.
Vaccinator base resist does not grant any crit resistance.
Vaccinator Uber deploys now always take exactly 1 bar of Uber charge.
Vaccinator Uber deploys give the patient a 2.5 second bubble of 75% damage resistance of the current resist type and full crit resistance to that type. These bubbles do not disappear if the medic stops targeting the current patient. Multiple bubbles of different types can be applied to the same patient or multiple patients given the same resist uber each consuming 1 charge.
Vaccinator uber build now suffers the same penalties as other mediguns when it comes to multiple medics on the same target and max overhealed patients.
Decreased the bonus healing a Medic received for properly selecting the right damage resistance type from 25% of incoming damage to 10% of incoming damage
Added Penalty of 66% decreased uber build rate while healing a overhealed patient

Solomn Vow

Added 10% attack speed penalty

SNIPER

Sydney Sleeper

Jarate now applies on all scoped shots, duration scales with charge duration (2 to 8 seconds)

Bazaar Bargain

No longer lose heads on miss
Collecting a head requires a headshot kill and not just a headshot
Each head boosts charge rate by 25% up to 200%
Charge rate penalty changed from -20% to -50%.
Now requires 2 headshot kills to be back at base speed and 6 kills for 200% charge rate

Bushwacka

Changed penalty from +20% fire vulnerability to +20% damage vulnerability while active

HEAVY

Minigun damage penalty on Level 2 and Level 3 Sentries slightly decreased. Level 2 Sentry resistance changed from 20% to 15% and Level 3 changed from 33% to 20%

Natascha

Added 20% damage resistance while spun up
Stun amount now has distance falloff. Decreases starting at 512hu down to zero stun at 1536Hu

Brass Beast

Added 20% damage resistance while spun up

Tomislav

Now 20% more accurate (less spread)
Increased spin up bonus from 10% to 20%

Family Business

Now has +15% increased attack speed

Warriors Spirit

Now has +10 health on hit

Eviction Notice

Now has 3 second speed boost on hit

Dalokoh's Bar

Now has 10 second cool down on use
Can now overheal up to 400hp
Can be thrown (alt-fire) as a small medkit for other players to use

Lunchbox items

Updated description to note that these items can be thrown (alt-fire) to supply players with a medkit.

MULTI-CLASS

Panic Attack

Base Fire rate increased (from 15% to 30%)
Base reload speed increased (from 33% to 50%)
Added increased switch to speed by +50%

some really woeful changes in there :cry:
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Ger-h on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Bye black box going to be missed why change a weapon when it worked fine.
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby Metacario on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Can't wait to play on Suijin, it looks beautiful. Some of those weapon balances don't seem half bad either.

Metacario

Player: Metacario
STEAM_0:0:56732888

Postby Essence^ on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Meh, Some welcome weapon changes But why do it now? So freaking late...

Although I feel valve should have just left this game alone ALONG time ago and stopped the greedy crate/key gravy train.

Also feel it's counter productive to balance the weapons people have used for years and are used to behaving in certain ways.

Oh and adding the pathetic gun grade system that they added to CSGO seems beyond a ridiculous cash grab attempt.

Not least because there simply is not enough of a player base to sustain such grades of ingame "wealth" anymore.
Essence^
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Sazzyyy
STEAM_0:0:15245558

Postby Slavechild on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Valve have been after money since the store started so I think it's more of a gentle up in the money milking rhythm than a cash grab.
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby The Maninator on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:07 am

This is the worst update by far, it's mostly just about money grabbing.

The Maninator
Recruit Member

Player: Rosen
STEAM_0:1:39811167

Postby ApacheFlame on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:38 am

I dont even know what to say. I obviously haven't played it yet, but I just...don't want to. Mannpower was niche, but interesting at least. I dont see any player benefits here.

I've been playing for a fair few years now and this is confusing as hell. Exactly how are new players meant to get the hang of it, which has been valve's reason for cutting out anything with a bit of flavour for the past year or so.
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby Ger-h on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:53 am

The gun mettle pass can only be use on valve servers which is big shame as I wouldn't brought it if it stated that and adding snowplow after they said it was to confusing to new players then do a whole flip why...
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby mfodor on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:28 am

No clue what it is, not that interested in it (still don't even know what Mannpower is).

I saw a "field tested" revolver screenshot in my activity feed. What. There will soon be more different weapon types than players.

Fingers crossed the nerfs work out, unlike the previous LnL one. When you don't see a vanilla grenade launcher for weeks at a time, it's bad.
Shame the reserve shooter isn't on the list. Would've liked some buffs for soldiers using it, and something to discourage 8 out of 9 pyros from using it.

It seems the Dalokohs bar has gone full circle. Utterly useless at first, fairly awesome in the interim, and now back to utterly useless.
mfodor
UKCS Sponsor

Player: ks
STEAM_0:0:20737008

Postby heuji on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:55 am

having had a quick play around on a few random servers last night i'm quite happy with the changes. there feels like there's a huge change in game balance. first i noticed was taking out a turtle engy's level 3 with 4 well aimed rockets.
i'm also surprised the update is so cheap, even if it doesn't offer much. i don't mind funding a game i enjoy playing. hell, i funded WoW since release at £8 p/m and even bought 3 expansions at £40 ontop of the original game price.
this update gives me something to do when i can't get on a community server, and, its not exactly expensive (~2 keys). if it gives money to community map makers and assists funding for the upcomming matchmaking it can only be good for the game, right?
also, if anyone watches twitch it was one of the more popular games being streamed last night. it was all getting a little stale. unlike mvm, you can go off and do this solo (half the fun of mvm is with friends than idiot queueing).

please Gaben, make me one of the lucky ones to get a favourite strange unusual weapon <3

i do agree Essence it has come a little late, but, better late than never.
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slavechild on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:15 am

Playing on 6 last night pyro is now a favourite and able to jump around like sollies also the new dance messes with headshots and is generally annoying ... but I love the box taunt because of MGS feels.
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby ApacheFlame on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:45 am

I'm impressed at the quantity of weapon tweaks. I though someone was trolling me when I first saw the list.

It irks the scientist in me though; if you are trying to measure the impact of a change, dont change everything at once. It makes it much harder to analyse the effect as all people do if find the most powerful and its hard counter.
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby Ama_ on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Has someone tried the weapon pickup thing? How does that work?
As for the change I hate the weapon skins, they don't really fit in (as many things once would say but the colours they chose are really eye killing to me). I'm interested in the new maps, wonder how the changes will affect the game. May give it a try later today.

Ama_

Player: Λmα_
STEAM_0:0:37787598

Postby Enigma on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:25 am

Ama_ wrote:Has someone tried the weapon pickup thing? How does that work?
As for the change I hate the weapon skins, they don't really fit in (as many things once would say but the colours they chose are really eye killing to me). I'm interested in the new maps, wonder how the changes will affect the game. May give it a try later today.
Use DX8. The weapons skins aren't working there.
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: nice dead server lmao
STEAM_0:1:29505170

Postby Ama_ on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:38 am

I would if it didn't disable some other effects I like to keep; guess I'll have to learn to ignore these skins.

As for the update itself, I jumped on the bandwagon and got a contract coin. Not sure how the contracts will affect the gameplay but I'm pretty certain some players will play only to achieve contracts and completely forget about the objectives which I'm sad about. The only contract I completed so far was a Sniper one so I have no clue how the others will be but if it's only about killing stuff like the Sniper ones, then RIP teamplay (even more than before).

I don't want to sound completely negative though. As far as new maps go, I played a couple rounds on pl_borneo and a few things need to be fixed here and there as there are invisible props on at least two spots. Otherwise the map is fine but I already knew it from playing it on UKCS servers. I aslo played on koth_suijuin and I love it. It's well designed and has a nice atmosphere, although I'm afraid it might be a bit unbalanced if one or several engies would build a nest on the point.

I didn't get to try the other maps yet. Looking forward to seeing them.

I also didn't try the rebalanced weapons as well so I can't really give any opinion about them but I'm a bit sad about the caber nerf.

Ama_

Player: Λmα_
STEAM_0:0:37787598

Postby just annoying boo on Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't like the update and will still use my weapons, keeping what I have makes no difference as I can't kill anyone away :) (bought the token - wish I could refund it).
just annoying boo
Home Member

Player: boo
STEAM_0:1:4062232

Postby heuji on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Ama_ wrote:It's well designed and has a nice atmosphere, although I'm afraid it might be a bit unbalanced if one or several engies would build a nest on the point.

engies have been heavily nerfed. while they're still extremely useful they're just no longer op against some classes. a lot of the weaker vs engy classes have been boosted against them and they're no longer only hard countered by explosive classes. gone are the days of engys just sitting aimlessly wrenching, or wrangling, a level 3 as they now take skill and a little thought to play.
this is an awesome change as those good at engy will transition well, but, new players just jumping on engy as they dont have to use much of their brain will struggle.
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Cole Scuttle on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:01 am

Making engie into something other than a passive turtle that doesn't move more than five paces between sentry and dispenser is a great improvement.

But nobody's mentioned the best part.

BOXES!

(I actually grabbed the intel last night and very nearly capped without ever once getting out of my box. Man, that disguise is awesome!)

Cole Scuttle

Player: Cole Scuttle
STEAM_0:1:6079823

Postby 13th Nightmare on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and got a contract coin. Kind of like the idea of the contracts as it is forcing me to play classes I would normally avoid if I want to complete the contracts and get the new weapon skins. Even though I know that they just took the idea from CS:GO and implemented it into TF2. And played on cp_snowplow whilst I completed my 1st contract. I like the idea of the map itself but feel like it's one of those maps that people will play just during the Gun Mettle update and that will be it. Still don't understand how completing a contract for the Pyro gives me a Demoman weapon. Was expecting it to be a weapon for the Pyro I got but not complaining as I like the skin.

Also tried koth_suijin this morning and within the 1st few minutes it became a sniper fest but it soon died down. Also think the map itself needs a bit of work or the other team was a bit rubbish. Let me put it this way: I was playing Quick-Fix Medic & I was healing a Heavy, Soldier and a Demoman during my time guarding the point, which lasted quite a while. Even pushed the other team back to their spawn point as well. I think maybe because how the map is designed, you don't really notice any other paths, all you see is a straight line to the point. Got my contract completed on that map done pretty quickly and got a new skin for the medi-gun in the process, a field tested the concealed killer which I really like the look of.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ i55
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat