Change annoying in-game map voting popup

Forum for discussion on the UKCS:TF2 Servers

Change annoying in-game map voting popup

Postby aidenjax on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi,

I enjoy playing on the UKCS Payload server but the most annoying part is the map voting menu that pops up while playing. A lot of us use custom keys for weapons, and for us the menu hijacks these keys until we click out of it and by then we're most likely dead. I've lost count at the times I've seen people comment about the menu being the reason for their death or loss of buildings (as an engi).

I suggest this menu be altered so that it pops up right after the game has ended like in all other FPS games. The only reason not to make this change is the "Extend current map by 10 mins" option which I have never seen anyone vote, so this can be ignored.

Thanks.

aidenjax

STEAM_0:0:86633055

Re: Change annoying in-game map voting popup

Postby exxxie on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:45 am

Seems everyone in a position of some responsibility at UKCS is otherwise engaged (I assume Fallout4 is to be blamed).

I do, however, feel able to answer your question as follows:

No.

Sorry. I and many others have asked the same question over the years at UKCS and this has always been the answer.

I hope that helped.

exxxie
Recruit Member

Player: OCP
STEAM_0:0:43551695

Re: Change annoying in-game map voting popup

Postby heuji on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:04 pm

you can actually switch off voting for stuff in your UKCS preferences. it doesn't kill all the pop-ups (annoyingly) and it also means you lose a vote. it is something to consider though. allegedly it breaks the UKCS plug-in altering the vote keys. i would have thought a better alternative plug-in would have been found this many years later, but w/e, you just have to deal with it.
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Return to UKCS : TF2 Server Chat