Server 2 map reviews/removals(?)

TF2 Maps Discussion

Server 2 map reviews/removals(?)

Postby Coffin Stuffer on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Hello, This is more like a plea than anything else but can you PLEEEEASE review what maps are on server #2 and analyse in some way their popularity? I have 2 maps particularly in mind (plr_panic and koth_king) which seem to kill the server dead or at least shed a few players. I've just seen geezer on #2 starting the server up on pl_upward, no problem filling it, but as soon as it's changed to plr_panic it dropped 10-12 players from the off and koth_king seems to have the same effect time and time again. In all honesty i'm biased against them because I think both maps are awful but I also know that I'm part of the majority who share the same opinion as me. (except walrus but he's weird like that and isn't to be trusted).

And please don't base peoples opinions on maps through the "Rate this map" plugin because people are more than likely trying to swap to their primary and secondary weapons rather than trying to rate the map. ( i.e Quicker to spam "Excellent" to make the pop-up go away).

And if you're not willing to scrap the maps could you at least consider shortening the time they're on for from 30 minutes to 20-15 minutes maybe? Especially plr maps because if the teams are reasonably balanced the maps take FOREVER to end as they don't finish in the usual way of map time limits running out.

Cheers very muchly <3

Colin Stutter.
Coffin Stuffer
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Ao ❤
STEAM_0:1:17837497

Re: Server 2 map reviews/removals(?)

Postby Binerexis on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm

This is something that we keep an eye on all the time, including any high ratings on a map that may appear to be outliers.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Coffin Stuffer on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:37 pm

And what do your eyes see about plr_panic and koth_king?
Coffin Stuffer
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Ao ❤
STEAM_0:1:17837497

Postby Binerexis on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:40 pm

I'd need to look at the data on a day that I'm NOT staying up to watch the premiere of a new Game of Thrones episode but I'm going to guess that it's only really a problem when the server is trying to get started up due to stalemating issues.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Return to Maps : TF2