How Did You Find UKCS?

Use this area to post a welcome thread which introduces yourself to the community. Also used for posting birthdays and other posts of celebration and congratulation.

How Did You Find UKCS?

Postby Nelsaidi on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:08 pm

Hey every1 :D
just curios, how did you find UKCS? what wuz the first server you played on? First map you liked in css? first map played? it brings back all the good memories
thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres mine, first map, de_dust2, first server, I played with bots!!! then i stumbled acros UK kokaine servers, found them ok, then started looking for mroe players, and found UKCS in europe, joined them and couldnt laeve, my favourties wouldnt work so i had to write down the name on a piece of paper, it always tooke me 10 mins to find, but now i go on my favs, lol,if there was no UKCs, i would be going form a shitty server to an even shittier (well there are some good 1 out there, but UKCS is the best), the only reason im addicted to css is because ive played on UKCS, its true, u can never leave.

:D:D:D PS (edit) :D:D:D
Ive bought css on 19/08/2006 at 16:01 at GAME for £24.99 (hl2 game of the year edition) yet cs1.5 wuz i playibng for 3 years now. :D
Last edited by Nelsaidi on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nelsaidi
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: batman
STEAM_0:1:11977681

Postby Mali on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:35 pm

Lol wierd post tbh, but I have nothing else to do so I tell my story:

Well, first of all when I bought CSS (Summer 2005) I didn't even know what is CSS or CS, I had heard it's a "good" game and I had some extra money to spend so I bought it.

First map was de_dust, in some random server. Had kills 1-19 or smth. :D
I played CSS for like week and because I got absolutely no success I decided that this game sucks and Im not going to play it anymore.

Well, swapped back to BF MultiPlayer Demo (the winter map) [Ensiferum knows] and didnt play for like month. Then it started to piss me out that i had wasted almost 50€ for game i dont play and I decided to give it another shot.

I still had no great success, but I found something... A Finnish server called SixPack - Played there a lot, everytime, I started to like this game as my skills grow bigger. I got my first "idol" from there and learned to play somehow by speccing and watching and following him. Some of you might know this finnish player called - Ghetto-Child.

I must thank him, because without him I wouldnt play CSS. Or should I be angry for him? Who knows..

After some time, like 3-4 months I started to be the elite of SixPack.
I remember being a AWP whore for sometime, had westwood smth like 39-0 and I was playing with Ensiferum by then :D but awp started to be boring and I reduced using it.

Well, SixPack got some problems, or smth else cos I changed to another Finnish server called - Rotanloukku - the public server of clan Rottaposse

At least Jarno remembers this, as he was one of the admins in there :D
I used name YaKuZa or JAPAN RED ARMY by then. Was ranked in top10 everytime and had decent kpd of smth like 2.60.

But then, they shut the server and I was like w00t?!? why you shut the "best" server in the world.

I went to Rottaposse IRC channel and asked them why?

And Jarno said to me: It was boring because only n00bs played there, we play now on a pro server.
Me: What is that server?
Jarno: UKCS

Then I tried UKCS and found that it was A HELL OF A LOT BETTER than anything I had ever played on. Since then I havent played anywhere else

Also I found that Im not pro in there :D had kpd of 1.30 first month and ranked below 200. Now a slight difference :D have usually kpd of +2.50 and ranked in somewhere top20 or top10.

Then happend somekind of miracle in my opinion, I had the same feeling as I had when I started in SixPack... I saw Ghetto-Child ranked top1 and playing with kills like 34-2 and some UKCS member said to him: "I bet Ghetto dies only to hear those Quakesounds again, lol"

I will never forget that...
Last edited by Mali on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mali
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: CZAR.L7\Mali
STEAM_0:0:7556750

Postby Zircon on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:39 pm

I started to play CSS when in November 2005 (due Coca Cola dossers pressuring) Deal3r bought that damn game :)
Well, UKCS was the first server i went to coz Cola dosser said it was teh secks :D
Zircon
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Duane
STEAM_0:0:9874604

Postby Jazza on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:10 pm

Just came over it on a server list, wanted a bit 64 player one :D
Jazza
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Jazza
STEAM_0:0:5035245

Postby Azzy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Came over as I joined Jerry (jazza) in college last year.
Left for a month as i didnt like not being able to shoot anything, but came back and started to play, remember calling Lucky a hacker :wink: and then calling Jihn a hacker :wink: then getting told that they were actually good, then a month later i started to think well yeah some people can actually be good then.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Use the UKCS Uploader to upload images/files.
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Player: Azzy
STEAM_0:1:7114108

Postby Elghanz on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:18 pm

Joined a couple of years back. When Source was first released. I was merely looking for a big server, and i found UKCS :)

Although i dont play on UKCS anymore. In fact i dont play public. Only matches.

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby DeltaIII on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:23 pm

First heard of UKCS through SBG actually, when that was empty/full or down I would occassionally play on UKCS. When SBG went down for a year, I just decided it wasn't coming back and joined UKCS :D
DeltaIII
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Delta III
STEAM_0:1:2755252

Postby Mox -05 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:32 pm

well, I bought my Half-Life 2 couple of years ago since I was hunting for a new game and decided to give it a try...
But my PC wasnt too good trying to handle HL2 so I checked the full pack and saw that I got free Source withing! :D

Well, decided to try it of course.
for 1st I was jumping from server to server, getting low scores like 1 - 32 etc. Then I found this z0rg server, where WhiTe was playing with his friend, Inazuma - that hasnt been on CSS for like 2 years? - anyway, I played on z0rg for like a year until my PC went crazy.

It updated my PC to Service Pack 2 so my CSS Crashed! :'(
well, I formatted my PC after 6 months~ and found out that z0rg was pretty empty... I asked WhiTe where's everybody.
He said that z0rg had more than 1 server to play in, so the main server was quite empty.

then White told me to get on UKCS - 1st I was hoping for Valve maps and not so much of customs to fill my PC with.
bah, I connected to UKCS and started downloading custom maps.
Played in here for like 1-2 years and bought my new PC that Im playing with atm.

In UKCS I've met LOADS of nice ppl, including... everybody in UKCS ;D
Thanks d00ds.
I am 59% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Also need someone that speaks latin! Gimme a PM!
Mox -05

Player: Moxitus
STEAM_0:1:7136379

Postby CATCHERAL on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:38 pm

I bought Half Life 2 as soon as it came out, and it was bundled with some random css game but i didnt care. I played half life 2 for a while then realised it was insanely boring.

I loaded up css and started to play, and my first round i got a knife kill (h).

I then discovered UKCS during CSS Beta and we always played dust, or dust 2 i dont remember =/. Then i just saayed on.

Now ive been here 2 years =]
CATCHERAL
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Catcheral
STEAM_0:1:4317924

Postby The_Pope on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm certain this post has been done before but meh :P

I was like Jizz/Aza just randomly looking for a large server to paly on - Then I fell in love with Cobsy ^_^

[fyi Catch, the CSS BEta ended before HL2 came out >_>]
The_Pope
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: The Pope @ i49
STEAM_0:0:2895797

Postby SuperTrainer on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:01 pm

i played here before source came out. it was plain old CS 1.5 back then. trouble was i couldnt play until late night due to my stupid ISP making my ping high so i got ping kicked.

tbh i didnt actually find UKCS, i just followed my m8 WaitNBleed or Phear as you source players know him. he was admin on here in the early days of 1.6 but then he retired and started playing source.

i enjoy playing source especially now ive got a pc that can handle it, but my home is 1.6.

Andy 8)
Here he comes to save the day!!!!!
SuperTrainer's on his way!!!!
webcam with me, i wanna see u dance naked with a chicken on ur head
SuperTrainer
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: pudding
STEAM_0:1:2549383

Postby shyam on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:04 pm

ive been playing cs for roughly 6 years (including css), i cant remember the first map i played on 1.3

i then bought a new pc :D, so i decided to buy css too, to test out my new system and i was getting good graphics and gameplay

so i decided to find a bigger and a more fun server, then i discovered ukcs.

the first map i played on ukcs was cs_mansion and i played amazingly well. Death was extremely impressed by my score and asked me to join ukcs

and ive been playing here ever since :D

Last edited by shyam on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shyam
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Crab People
STEAM_0:1:326245

Postby nevvy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:08 pm

i first played 1.5(i think) but dismissed it as a campers game and ran back to quake III/COD/UT. then i got hl2 and obviously source. i only ever played against bots for a while then i challenged a mate of mine to a game, i think his ingame name was "Void", or something like that, anyone remember him?

anyway; i played on ukcs the same time as him and it was the first server i found without (give or take a few) 12yr old mic spammers so i decided to stick around. i did have a kpd of about 0.3 the first few weeks i was here though :oops:

Standing on the point since beta Retired pointstander
nevvy
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Nevvy
STEAM_0:0:5372127

Postby Captain Planet on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:48 pm

I found UKCS I think a week before it officially turned 1.6 through just looking for a big server.

Played on it alot, introduced schoolmate KeirAyres to the server, who inturn introduced me to these forums!

Captain Planet
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Captain Planet
STEAM_0:0:773466

Postby Volkan^ on Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:03 pm

heh well mines full of wonder..

i had a *ahem* free version and i played chateu.
i actually was there for about 5 mins running up and down the water shouting WOW WOW WOW!!!!
the graphics were so amazing i just like went mad. the puddles and the beuty of it all was something i hadnt experianced in a game before.
i think first gun i used was a galil not so sure though..
the water was what made me really fascinated though. i didnt btoher with the game i just admired the beuty.
no it sucks coz with all the updates fps issues have become a big problem for many players.

ofcourse now i have a legit version of all the half life 1/2 games.
1337 Posts Reached On 6th of September 2007
Volkan^

Player: Rick Grimes
STEAM_0:0:13219288

Postby Brido on Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:15 pm

i like jazza found ukcs by chance was playing alot of small server then i thought i try a 64 man server seen ukcs was uk knew my conn would be good before valve keeped update more buggs but i knew looked back i thankful for tc for making a great servers to play on oh well i still miss some old players but found alot of new ones. :D

Brido

Player: BOB T
STEAM_0:0:7850773

Postby SoundByte™ on Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:20 pm

Some Chinese kid came to our school over 2 years ago and told me a bit about CS and CZ. Shortly after that I went over his house and we were playing CZ for ages. I thought it was a pretty decent game and bought it.

I used to constantly play on a German server and got scores like 5-12 and such every map. Then, a few months later, I heard about CSS (through the same friend) and he said he'd found a great server called UKCS. I looked on the main site and noticed that they didn't have a CZ server. He never used to shut up about the CSS server so I decided to get that too.

By this time I wasn't too bad at CZ and thought Source would be roughly the same. When I first played it I realised how much more I enjoyed it on UKCS:Source than any server on CZ.

Since UKCS was the first Source server I played, I guessed that a lot of other servers would be as good. I'm still yet to find one that matched my expectations =\

SoundByte™
UKCS Sponsor

Player: soundbyte
STEAM_0:0:9221461

Postby RAMBO[EUR-ESP] on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:48 am

In september of 2004 i was bored of 1942/bfv and played all his mods.

I tryed a *free version* of css :twisted: ,i found UKCS the first day when i did a search for 64 people servers

The first map i played if im not wrong was dust,mainly i was messing around looking almost every spray in the wall,lol heres a proof what i mean :

I was very impressed with 1 guy that played really well (luckynv ofcourse),and i started to love the game, since then im here .
Of course now i have my hl2 legit .
CSS Admin
RAMBO[EUR-ESP]
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: ®AMBO™
STEAM_0:0:6944480

Postby woogie on Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:07 am

I started online gaming at home with the early days of CSS.
Before that i'd only played 1.5/cz/1.6 at other peoples, or internet cafes.
I looked for a big server that had lots of players, and started on UKCS.
At first i didn't like the whole no awp thing, but UKCS grew on me quickly, mostly down to the community, such as the lads of DeMent, TR2 and SPS.
Back then, even hitting Lucky was something to celebrate for me :P
I also spent 6 months before i worked out i could check my rank.
Now i wish i'd never found out >.<

woogie
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Woogie
STEAM_0:1:6203061

Postby Phys!o-T3rror!st on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:02 am

Grebby introduced me to UKCS last year sometime :shock: . and been playing here since. though took me a while to register on forums.

First map i'm not sure prolly aztec i think, cos remember marvelling how much better it looked than 1.6 versions. Was like wow :D loook at that, ooooh and that :shock: .......... DEAD d'oh. :D
Phys!o-T3rror!st
Home Member

Player: P-T@ Lappy
STEAM_0:1:6145668

Next

Return to New Member Introductions and Member Celebrations