Map sections now sub-forums

Forum and server announcements by Admins.

Re: Map sections now sub-forums

Postby SkullsY on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:27 pm

nelsaidi2 wrote:Skullsy, your leaving because you didnt get things your way? - Thats life, its hardly ever your way.

It isnt easy managing the forums, and crakin has put in alot of work, fine, some of them i dont like, but, ill have to live with them, and so will you.

Btw, i noticed the sub forums (and the ones that went) on my first view of the page ;)

:lol:.

Come on Nel, you're talking to me as if you are my father or something. Your not. Stop kissing arse. :).

nalsaidi2 wrote:ill have to live with them, and so will you.

Or, I won't live with them, and leave? :P.

CraKinShOt wrote:So you are telling me you cannot see the sub-forums listed on this page: http://forums.ukcs.net/viewforum.php?f=35 ?

No, I didn't seeing as I didn't know they existed and I wasn't looking for them. I'd just scroll down immediately and look at what had been posted. :).

SkullsY wrote:Don't get me wrong I can see the reason for changes in the forums and I'm really not a fan of them, but I'm 1 in a majority and that's fair enough, they've grown on me alot since the start, I just think it's going waaaaaaaay too far. But again, that's just me, 1 in a majority. I rest my case. :lol:.

SkullsY wrote:Looks like these forums just aren't the place for me.

Look, alright, I've said I'm the one in the majority and if I don't like the changes then I think it's about time I wasn't around.

If anyone wants to talk to me about this, then please carry on with me on MSN, ta. :).
ShoTz wrote:Skullsy your forumin' is so good you should be drugs tested for forumin' enhancing drugs

Current Forumin' Level : 6.4
SkullsY
Old Timer

Player: SkullsY
STEAM_0:1:2593534

Postby TC on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:04 pm

CrakinShot is the head moderator and all the changes he's making have my authorisation and support. As many changes are visual, its often not possible to assess them until after they've made, so as part of my QA process some things are getting re-tweaked once they can be seen. The other aspect of visual changes, is the obvious 'it changes how it looks', and that requires adaptation of members to learn the new layout. Members are being kept informed of the changes through threads - such as this one. These are structured, organised and thought out developments.

Maps in sub forums is something we've wanted for a long time, as the structure is more sensible as its a subcategory of the game itself. Please take the time to read and understand the announcements for changes.

I do not expect to see players going "Im leaving UKCS because I don't like the colour of some writing" or "Im leaving UKCS because the avatar font is bigger than what I saw before". Lets keep it sensible.

All of your support is appreciated and your patience in giving it a few weeks to get used to the changed is appreciated on our side.

Thank you
TC
UKCS President

Player: TC
STEAM_0:0:3198285

Postby RazeRipz! on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:37 pm

I see where Skullsy is coming from, yes this is new thing to the Forums. But for some reason i Agree with Skullsy considering the old Forums where much easy to get a long with it stood out more, I think the sub Forums is taking it a bit too far, this is just a Gaming community, meaning yes we can have a whole Forum community threads. Sub Forums is like... "Oh we don't have enough, stuff to provide people with more stuff on the forums" and as everyone is going to come on the Forums there going to be like "cba with the Sub - Forums". I know i said for my self it was a good idea, but i have now thought it through that it just ruins the whole Forum, giving the fact that it has way too much stuff on it!

But really as Skullsy said it is a waste of time, and his Question will not be answered. As the new Sub-Forums have already been taken on board, and there is nothing any of us can do about it.

Raze
RazeRipz!
Experienced Member

Player: Special Agent | BLAZEY ™
STEAM_0:0:12636728

Postby ShoTz on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 pm

it just ruins the whole Forum

Slow right down lmao.

ShoTz
UKCS Sponsor

Player: are sober kebabs wrong?
STEAM_0:1:14417667

Postby RazeRipz! on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 pm

ShoTz wrote:
it just ruins the whole Forum

Slow right down lmao.

Let me Re-Phrase that - "It ruins part's of the Forum" :D
RazeRipz!
Experienced Member

Player: Special Agent | BLAZEY ™
STEAM_0:0:12636728

Postby Xerxes on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:48 pm

RazeRipz! wrote:I see where Skullsy is coming from, yes this is new thing to the Forums. But for some reason i Agree with Skullsy considering the old Forums where much easy to get a long with it stood out more, I think the sub Forums is taking it a bit too far, this is just a Gaming community, meaning yes we can have a whole Forum community threads. Sub Forums is like... "Oh we don't have enough, stuff to provide people with more stuff on the forums" and as everyone is going to come on the Forums there going to be like "cba with the Sub - Forums". I know i said for my self it was a good idea, but i have now thought it through that it just ruins the whole Forum, giving the fact that it has way too much stuff on it!

Raze!, you have just proved how incorrect your argument is; there hasn't been anything added to the forums, nor anything taken away. All that has happened is there has been a reorganisation of the layout of the forum. Putting everything into sub-forums keeps items together, and means it's more likely that both sub forums and parent forums will be visited as they will both appeal to the visitor.

RazeRipz! wrote:But really as Skullsy said it is a waste of time, and his Question will not be answered. As the new Sub-Forums have already been taken on board, and there is nothing any of us can do about it.

As TC said, they have been taken on the subforums as an overhaul which has been desired for a while, and personally, I think that both TC and CraKinShOt understand what is best for the community as a whole.

I'm locking this topic now, as both TC and CraKinShOt have spoken on this matter and their judgement is still being disregarded.

If TC or CraKin feel this is the wrong thing to do, then pleasePM me. I personally don't feel that minor changes to the forum need a full scale debate of this nature or immaturity.
ImageImageImage

"I forgot about unspec" - ApacheFlame 05/02/15
Xerxes
UKCS Vice President
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Xerxes
STEAM_0:0:2949329

Postby vikingclan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I believe shotz is a troller.

I visit the art forums multiple times a day and I never noticed it untill there was a topic.
And avatar text size what talked about that except for the head modski cuse I don't care about that.

And I support al leavers who blaim CrakinShot and the changes that have been applied
Plus I know there wont really be listened sure you have read it but your more like im the boss and im not willing to change it cuse i think it looks good and the people backing this stuff up are staff them self they feel the need to do it

Last edited by vikingclan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vikingclan
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Carrot
STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXXX

Postby Logic3 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Why the hell are you lot complaining?

Sub forums are good and stops alot of clatter and topics going on to new pages etc

Just live with it, im managing to.
Image --- Click to add me on Steam Friends!

Logic3
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Logic ☂- James
STEAM_0:1:13240398

Postby KuKu on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:55 pm

Logic3 edit:

Don't Swear
KuKu
UKCS Sponsor

Player: kUkU
STEAM_0:0:3695843

Postby Xerxes on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:58 pm

*Reopened thread.*
ImageImageImage

"I forgot about unspec" - ApacheFlame 05/02/15
Xerxes
UKCS Vice President
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Xerxes
STEAM_0:0:2949329

Postby CraKinShOt on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:31 pm

LOL X, go go Gestapo Lock. ;)

Well guys you're entitled to your opinion, I won't deprive you of that. But I did consult with the executive admins (including TC) and no objections were raised and most mods that have bothered to wade in are supportive. Thing is, UKCS is growing and we'll have more game forums... so have no fear, the lost 80px will return. Until then I implore you fight through the pain.

And if you really want to pin me as the bad guy here is a poster you can stick on your wall to always remind you of what I am so you'll never be fooled by my shinanigins again.

Joking aside. Seriously, if it doesn't work out we'll change it back, either way we'll go with what works best. As the maps was an easy choice in my book (and TC's) it was done. I appreciate people don't like change, but I feel this one is for the good. Too much over-exaggeration though how it effects people's enjoyment of the forum, I think.
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Player: Chubby Boy
STEAM_0:1:2985790

Postby bort on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:41 pm

I'll be bothered and wade in here and say that I like the new sub-forums. I think they add to the functionality of the site and make it look a lot cleaner. You can also access the sub-forums from the main page by clicking the name of it without having to go through the main section first.

I'm sorry that you guys are finding the changes hard to put up with but do please stick around. How can it change in a way that you would like to see if you're not here?
bort
UKCS Sponsor

Player: bort
STEAM_0:1:4207256

Postby SkullsY on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:49 pm

CraKinShOt wrote:Well guys you're entitled to your opinion, I won't deprive you of that. But I did consult with the executive admins (including TC) and no objections were raised and most mods that have bothered to wade in are supportive.

Does it never raise questions about how the public may feel about it? It's not just the admins and the mods that need to like it or want it to happen. If we are a "community" then surely the most important opinion is the publics?

I just don't see the need to change absolutely everything when it was fine in the first place. :?.

CraKinShOt wrote:Joking aside. Seriously, if it doesn't work out we'll change it back, either way we'll go with what works best.

And how will you know if it doesn't "work out" if you don't know the publics opinion?

CraKinShOt wrote:I appreciate people don't like change, but I feel this one is for the good.

So I was right? :roll:. :lol:.
ShoTz wrote:Skullsy your forumin' is so good you should be drugs tested for forumin' enhancing drugs

SkullsY
Old Timer

Postby CraKinShOt on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:06 pm

What are you actually upset about? Because moving a couple of, and lets be honest here, irregulary used forums as sub-forums of their actual topic forum, is not "Absolutely Everything." So I have to conclude you don't like the new forum AT ALL. We had to upgrade. It was needed because the old was was full of security holes. You know we don't have the old forum style available for this version, so we have to make do with the best available. Nel is sorting out some new icons with different colours for us, so we can test out some others and then vote on a colour scheme.

You where right about what? Some people really don't like change. They are used to their life being constant. People were quite happy living on flat earth for a thousand years. Didn't change the fact that even though they didn't like it the earth was round.

After a bit of time has past for people to actually get used to it we can see if anyone still dislikes it; Get used to the world being round for a while and whatnot.
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Postby SkullsY on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:29 pm

Sorry, I find it REALLY hard to talk to you, as you bypass everything I'm saying. Can't be arsed to fight a losing battle.

You win. :D.

SkullsY
Old Timer

Postby CraKinShOt on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Are you actually reading my posts?

• I said we'll grasp the public opinion once people have had a chance to adjust to it.
  • You said "absolutely everything" which obvious shows you are upset about the forum cross-over and bring that to this argument.
  • I'm pointing out, to you, why you might not like something changing so that you can realise the fact, for yourself, and have a better ability to try to open up to it.
CraKinShOt
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)
Major Forum Contributor

Postby Mez on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm just going to come into this and say that there are less than a handful of people complaining about the new sub-forums.

Personally, I like them. As UKCS expands, we cannot have reams of forums so it would be alot easier to simply group them into game types instead of trawling.

Really - it takes a few simple steps back and a bit of foresight to see how it is a good addition.

Mez
Old Timer

Player: Mez^
STEAM_0:1:3620511

Postby ShoTz on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 pm

I think its not just the the new sub forums, but all change happening at once. Not one change -> feedback -> adjustments then another change. Doesnt really bother me, sports field is where the cool kids hang under gaznets wing :D:D

ShoTz
UKCS Sponsor

Player: are sober kebabs wrong?
STEAM_0:1:14417667

Postby Azzy on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm

I like them. I never did like the maps section having their own heading as such. They are clearly noticeable as well. I went into the arts section and the first thing I saw was the SOTW archive. Seems to be a few bugs on the forums as to avatars not being in the right place when someone creates some humongi post but I think that may be my fire fox. The two forums that look out of place are the clan section ones, not sure why though.

Wish people would stop whining about the change to be honest, its not going to change, very small amount of people complaining, "your spoiling moving day for us" <--- this time period is close enough for this friends quote!
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Use the UKCS Uploader to upload images/files.
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Player: Azzy
STEAM_0:1:7114108

Postby Alvarez on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:31 am

I do like the subforums for the maps. Sure it reduces the size of the front page but it really does make more logical sense, especially if UKCS expands to have more games. Whilst its understandable people are adverse to change, what makes you human is adapting to new things - you haven't even given crack and the upgrade a month to let things settle down once they've finalised, you're just jumping down someones throat (especially when that someone is spending a huge amount of time and effort for YOUR pleasure.)
Alvarez
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: shawamama
STEAM_0:0:17538092

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements