Left4....Fortress?

Discussion of custom maps for Left 4 Dead

Left4....Fortress?

Postby Podge on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 pm





Do want :mrgreen:
Retired UKCS TF2 Senior Admin
Image
User avatar
Podge
UKCS Admin
 
Player: OldManRodgers
STEAM_0:1:2582345
 
Posts: 8589
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby EWJ on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:56 pm

THATS BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
God is a defect of the human genome.
Image
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
User avatar
EWJ
Old Timer
Moderator
UKCS iSeries Attendee
 
Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984
 
Posts: 8025
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:10 pm
Location: Ireland, The People's Republic of.



Image

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby LuckyNV on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Not surprised, ppl have already loaded up HL2 and CSS maps, looks a bit out of place though :D
Image
User avatar
LuckyNV
UKCS Life Sponsor
 
Player: LNV IS HE MAD?!
STEAM_0:1:4677295
 
Posts: 9673
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:15 pm
Location: UK



Image

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby Elysium on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Pretty cool.


User avatar
Elysium
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: Elysium
STEAM_0:0:405603
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: London



Image

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby colossuss on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:18 am

Podge wrote:Do want :mrgreen:


+1 :D
'
'
Image
Image
User avatar
colossuss
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: Colossuss
STEAM_0:1:20166590
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby Flare on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:21 am

lol , imagine a 24/7 Dustbowl server ... on L4D. :lol:
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
User avatar
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor
 
Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: S.Wales (UK)

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby UK_sniper on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:03 pm

want to use the ep2 maps from the underground caverns :P

kev
Long Time UKCS Supporter, Retired Mod & Snr Admin
User avatar
UK_sniper
UKCS Life Sponsor
Admin (Retired)
 
Player: UK_Sniper
STEAM_0:0:6007153
 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: Witham



Image

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby kraski on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:46 pm

This is impossible as VALVE didn't make SDK for L4D, so it must be a remake or some other crap, but it looks good.


User avatar
kraski
Home Member
 
Player: kraski
STEAM_0:0:13932307
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:40 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby colossuss on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:47 pm

kraski wrote:This is impossible as VALVE didn't make SDK for L4D, so it must be a remake or some other crap, but it looks good.
Or you copy the map from TF2 into the L4D directory then go into L4D, open the console and type "map *map name*". Then use sv_cheats to give yourself guns, throwables, spawn tanks and other infected.
'
'
Image
Image
User avatar
colossuss
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: Colossuss
STEAM_0:1:20166590
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby kraski on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:05 am

colossuss wrote:
kraski wrote:This is impossible as VALVE didn't make SDK for L4D, so it must be a remake or some other crap, but it looks good.
Or you copy the map from TF2 into the L4D directory then go into L4D, open the console and type "map *map name*". Then use sv_cheats to give yourself guns, throwables, spawn tanks and other infected.


But the map from TF2 won't work on L4D, they are 2 different games...


User avatar
kraski
Home Member
 
Player: kraski
STEAM_0:0:13932307
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:40 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby UK_sniper on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 pm

the map will work. its quite easy to do actually.

Decompile cp_dustbowl, open up cp_dustbowl_decom in modded L4d SDK (easy to do see l4dmaps.net) then add the few entities to enable the director.

Jobs done.

Its how you can do it with DOD maps, CSS maps etc. Textures can be copied across same with props etc so its not that difficult.

Anyone with a average knowledge or SDK could do it.

Kev
Long Time UKCS Supporter, Retired Mod & Snr Admin
User avatar
UK_sniper
UKCS Life Sponsor
Admin (Retired)
 
Player: UK_Sniper
STEAM_0:0:6007153
 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: Witham



Image

Re: Left4....Fortress?

Postby colossuss on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:28 pm

kraski wrote:
colossuss wrote:
kraski wrote:This is impossible as VALVE didn't make SDK for L4D, so it must be a remake or some other crap, but it looks good.
Or you copy the map from TF2 into the L4D directory then go into L4D, open the console and type "map *map name*". Then use sv_cheats to give yourself guns, throwables, spawn tanks and other infected.


But the map from TF2 won't work on L4D, they are 2 different games...
But they both use the same engine and file types
'
'
Image
Image
User avatar
colossuss
UKCS Sponsor
 
Player: Colossuss
STEAM_0:1:20166590
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm


Return to Maps : Left 4 Dead

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests