Dragon Age: Origins (multi)

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Dragon Age: Origins (multi)

Postby jihn on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Dragon Age Origins are being released the 5 November 09(PC/PS3/XBOX). Anyone else looking forward to this? You can also start creating your char by visiting http://dragonage.bioware.com/ and downloading the dragon age character creator on the right side of the screen.

The designers are incorporating 'origin' stories for each race and some classes in the game. For example, a Dwarf Noble will begin the game as part of the royal family in one of the Dwarven cities, and a Dwarf Commoner will begin on the streets of the city. Origin stories determine the background of the player's character prior to the main events of the game's story, forming an introduction to the game world while also comprising hours of game-play. People that the player meets during the origin story may reappear throughout the game, some of whom may be adversaries.

There is no tracking of alignment as in previous BioWare games, but the moral choices of the main character throughout the game will still affect the story. The player may save the world whether choosing to be good or evil, but the decisions that the player makes in the process will change the game world – deciding who will become King, for example, and affecting nations and races and their places in the world. These decisions will also influence the companion NPCs, possibly causing an NPC to leave the party or even attack the player.

As with the Baldur's Gate series, players will be able to issue orders to NPCs in real time or while the game is paused, and queue up actions such as spells and special attacks.

Several of the game's features have been confirmed. There will be three base classes to choose from: the rogue, the warrior, and the mage. These classes can be upgraded later into a specialized class. The confirmed specialization classes are Berserker and Templar for the warrior, and Shapeshifter for the mage. The six character backgrounds are Human Noble, Human/Elf Mage, Dalish Elf, City Elf, Dwarf Commoner, and Dwarf Noble. The game will use a party system similar to that of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, in that it will feature the main character with up to three active party members, chosen from a large pool of NPC's in the game. The camera will be over the shoulder third person view when zoomed in, and an isometric-style view when zoomed out. The spells in the game will interact with the effects of others. For example, a blizzard spell would put out the flames caused by hitting something with a grease spell and then a fire spell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins
"The rover batteries have 18kwh of juice. The oxygenator alone uses 44.1kwh per sol. See my problem?
You know what? "Kilowatt-hours per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name.
One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything.. um...I suck at this ... oh FK it. I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".
All told, the Big Three need 69.9pn, most of that going to the Oxygenator and Atmospheric regulator."
-Mark Watney 'The Martian'
If you want something done, select a busy person‚ for the other kind has no time. - based on Elbert Hubbard
jihn

Player: uSayItBstWhnUSAYntn@all
STEAM_0:0:159716

Re: Dragon Age: Origins (multi)

Postby Arbor plena simia on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:49 pm

I want this game. Allready made myself a character; Elf (oviously :mrgreen: ) rogue; can't remember the birth, but it's the wood not city one.
The trailers are soooo good! :mrgreen:

In order to make a pie, you must first make the universe.
Arbor plena simia
Experienced Member

Player: Arbor plena simia
STEAM_0:1:14696266

Postby Dragon on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Anyone want to "lend" me a few bucks to buy it :D
Do you need something from me? - then please add me to steam. (PM who you are on here first though, i do not add random people) Image
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:0:1878552

Postby Elghanz on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 pm

I CANNOT wait for this. It's going to be amazing!

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby jihn on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:52 am

Where are you guys buying the game? I ordered from play.com only 27£. Steam price for europe is 49.99€, not entirely sure what the UK price is.
"The rover batteries have 18kwh of juice. The oxygenator alone uses 44.1kwh per sol. See my problem?
You know what? "Kilowatt-hours per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name.
One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything.. um...I suck at this ... oh FK it. I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".
All told, the Big Three need 69.9pn, most of that going to the Oxygenator and Atmospheric regulator."
If you want something done, select a busy person‚ for the other kind has no time. - based on Elbert Hubbard
jihn

Postby Arbor plena simia on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 am

jihn wrote:Where are you guys buying the game? I ordered from play.com only 27£. Steam price for europe is 49.99€, not entirely sure what the UK price is.

GAME.co.uk for the exclusive collectors edition and because I have a reward card. £39.99 for collectors ed. but if I decide others wise, it's only £24.99.

Arbor plena simia
Experienced Member

Postby Blast on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:16 pm

I cannot wait for this, going to get the ps3 special edition!
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Postby Elghanz on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:45 pm

PC version all the way, play it like Baldurs gate =)

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby Blast on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 pm

I would, but my PC wont handle that and i spend far too much money going out most weekends D:
Blast
Old Timer

Postby Elghanz on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Or you could get a job, and do both? ^_^

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby Blast on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:07 am

I have a job :P and have done for the past year xD
My pc always takes the back seat though ><
mainly because i have no idea how to build one.
Blast
Old Timer

Postby WaitNBleeD on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm intrigued by this title, so much so I think I shall make a point of playing it tomorrow at the eurogamer expo.

If I get chance to play it i'll report back with info asap.
WaitNBleeD
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Piefinger
STEAM_0:1:542294

Postby jihn on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 pm

ooo please do! <3
jihn

Postby Arbor plena simia on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Gets 94% in PCGamer. The review looks bloody (and I mean bloody :twisted: ) fantastic!

Arbor plena simia
Experienced Member

Postby meyenburg on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Its out now, atleast if ur a pirate ;D
meyenburg
UKCS Sponsor

Player: real1ty
STEAM_0:0:8411193

Postby ;nate on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Looks good.
;nate
UKCS Sponsor

Player: ddd
STEAM_0:0:19943561

Postby jihn on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 am

Reviews are out:
Gamer.no (my fav site, norwegian) 9/10 PC // 7/10Xbox
Gamespot.com 9.5/10 PC // 8.5/10 Xbox // 9.0/10 PS3
jihn

Postby Elghanz on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Installing now. I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight :<

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby Dragon on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:12 am

If i can have my own pet Dragon i'll buy it.

If not then i'll get it sometime later :P
Do you need something from me? - then please add me to steam. (PM who you are on here first though, i do not add random people) Image
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:0:1878552

Postby jihn on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:29 am

So i have just started playing this game(there is quite a bit of reading if you read all the background histories you pick up). But the atmosphere seems fantastic, the music, the graphics.
It going to take a bit getting used to the BG type of party play again, but i have this tingling sensation about this game. Anyway, have to game on! :D
jihn

Next

Return to Gamer's Retreat