Mount & Blade: Warband cRPG Mod

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Mount & Blade: Warband cRPG Mod

Postby melipone on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Anyone fancy playing this mod? Its Warband but with some persistent character levelling, gold accumulation and gear you can buy. I really like the combat anyway, different character types and huge number of players fighting in the same maps. This post is lots of random stuff about the mod, you don't need to read it all :D . The site is here: http://www.c-rpg.net/

In Battle servers (what I play most) its basically 1 life per round with smaller servers or even 120 player ones. Its pretty smooth and no lag for me. Has realistic locations where its basically team DM but with all types of characters around. Sword & board, cavalry, bowmen, 2 handers etc. Each with its own play style and strengths/weaknesses. Its pretty good fun anyway even though I suck atm. You have to manually block attacks (even direction) and choose which attack type to use (when to thrust, slash left or right, overhead attack etc). Ranged attacks have projectile dip and the accuracy isn't great. It feels pretty balanced with an active dev team.

You start off as a peasant but level up pretty fast. It slows down eventually, and its more about how you play than levels. You can make 1 level 30 guy straight away but its worth starting from the beginning and learning the game first. You can reset your levels at 15 I think and start over and keep your stuff, and if you do it at 30 you can "heirloom" an item that gives it slightly better stats. You have to pay upkeep on your gear so you have to be careful with what you use. You get more gold/xp if your team wins rounds. You can have several different characters but they don't share gold/equipment. If you skip 1 to lvl30 he can't level past that. 30+ is extremely slow though and most people won't get much further.

There is a mode called Strategus that is a persistent campaign mode for clans or individuals. I don't know much about it yet but it looks interesting. FAQ here: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11455.0.html

So, there has been some extensive confusion due to unexplained game mechanics. I guess this means we need a FAQ. All content in this FAQ is subject to change.

Q: What is strategus?
A: Strategus is a gamemode within cRPG where players compete for virtual land, and can accumulate virtual armies and gold on a real time map.

Its pretty easy to get started, just use the site: http://www.c-rpg.net/ . Download the mod and unpack it into the modules folder wherever you installed warband to. Then click Get Started on the site and follow the instructions.

You buy equipment or level up through the site (or press c ingame to level stuff). Its pretty easy to see what to do. You have to pay upkeep after lvl 25. You can get by on like 10-20k stuff, or lower depending on what you like to use. Over around 20k you need to have a higher multiplier on your gold/xp gain (by doing well in the round and helping the team to win). When you're really low level though its worth just staying alive while you can until you get some levels and better gear.

Lots of good info on the forum: http://forum.c-rpg.net/ . Try the Guides or beginner area. Try to plan your character out, although it doesn't really matter that much early on as you can restart your character or make a new one. Lots of tips on there about how to build a character type. Theres no single way to do it though, just read a bit and see what you think will work well for what you want to do with the character.

Try the character planner here for testing ideas: http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Armour has weight that affects movement and weapon skill after 7 weight. Head counts for x3 to that penalty and gloves x2 (1.0 helmet is actually like 3.0 etc). You don't have to though its up to you. You will most likely want at least 15/15 in both stats. My 2 hander will be 21/18 at 30. If you level on the site make sure you're happy with it as you don't get a confirmation, and if you add some points it adds to what you have rather than sets the skill to that amount.

Lots of random info there :D . Read the forum for more accurate or indepth stuff. I'll try to be on Steam friends when i'm playing

melipone
Home Member

Player: Melipone
STEAM_0:1:3190111

Re: Mount & Blade: Warband cRPG Mod

Postby Shuriken on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh damn, I always meant to check out warband mods. This looks really good :shock:
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby S.O.Sniper on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I've played it a fair bit but didn't like it. Everyone is high level so they all attack faster than low level characters making melee nearly impossible at low level. I don't mind that everyone is better equiped but when you can't even find chance to swing a sword because everyone can block and swing faster it's a problem.
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby Yardi on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:57 pm

There is an alternative for those that don't want leveling. You still have stat points and buy gear that is permanent, but you start off at level 30/31 with a set amount for each person.

http://www.mbmerc.com/
Yardi
Home Member

Player: Yardi
STEAM_0:0:27186423

Postby melipone on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:33 pm

You level up pretty fast to 20+. I'm only into my second week playing and have 1 lvl 28, 1 lvl 24 and a 19 I think he is (that i made 2 days ago). I still play each one depending on what I feel like. Got an archer, a 2hander with crossbow skill and my new one is polearms/shields and eventually he will be riding a horse. My first character was a "skip the fun" guy that went straight to level 30. You won't see everyone many levels past that, if they are it won't be more than 1 level or so. From lvl 30 to 31 is the same amount of xp from all the way from 1-30. Then 31 to 32 is all the xp from 0-31. All they could get is an extra power attack point or something, it won't be making them too powerful though. When people hit 30 (or 31 i can't remember) they often reset to lvl1 and start leveling again because you can "heirloom" an item to give it slightly better stats. Once you go past 25 you have to start paying upkeep so you can actually wear better gear before you hit 26 without it costing you anything for upkeep. Once you get to 26 you need to be careful or you can lose money. You can retire at 26 and never pay upkeep if you want (you just level from 1 again)

All you need really is a weapon skill 130+ and aim for powerstrike 6 + . Athletics is nice, I go for 5+ on all. So you want at least 15 agility and 18 str. Its completely up to you though. You can level up to 15 str fast (5 power strike), then start putting some points into agility for a bit of athletics or weapon skill. Depends on the type of character you want ofc. You should plan your character before putting points into stuff. Use http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm . Every 3 stat points lifts the skill cap by 1 point. So at 6 str you can add 1 extra power strike, then again at 9. Weapon skill drops off after 100 points. But the weight of your armour can reduce the skill a bit. So you should aim for 130 + . A balanced build could be 18/18 with 2 skill points converted to stats, then you will have lots of skill points to put around and can go to 6 in any skill. My 2 hander is going for 21/18 with 8 skill points converted

Thing with this game though is you can have a better character than someone and still lose 9/10, because you have to manually block attacks from each direction and people are just very good at it. While you level you can try to play tactically, going 1v1 against people straight away might not work out but you can help other players.

melipone
Home Member

Postby Yardi on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:13 pm

You only level up fast if you put the time, and effort in. You lose a lot of cash for wearing your big armour which means if your on the losing team you will soon deplete any stock of money you have made to save for horses and armour.
Yardi
Home Member

Player: Yardi
STEAM_0:0:27186423

Postby melipone on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 pm

I've just been playing and enjoying it, don't think i've really put "effort" in, just been playing. You can skip a character to lvl 30, but if you suck it won't help. I've been trying to learn the game while leveling but I'm still pretty bad at it. You only pay upkeep after lvl 25 btw. There are cheap equivalent items you can use if you want after lvl 25. I have a lvl 28 and been playing 3/4 different characters. Things are more likely to break if your team loses the round, and also if you have low skill in the weapon type (using a weapon that you have low wpf in is more likely to break). ATM with my 2 hander (lvl28) I wear in total between 15-30k stuff and I make profit. Theres risk vs reward though, sometimes you need to risk more to help the team win so you can get the higher cash/xp multiplier. Sometimes you will want to go cheap, its up to you. The difference between expensive and cheap isn't huge. Some class types natually have low upkeep costs, some high. The heavier the armour the lower your WPF will be, and for ranged it also affects your accuracy. You also move slower ofc.

This is one of the few games that actually does leveling right imo. Lots of diminishing returns, no large hp gains per level etc. Just mostly about how you play. I like Battle servers as its more tactical than Seige, which feels a bit deathmatchy.

melipone
Home Member

Postby FAMOUS on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:56 pm

It's a pretty good game. My only issue is - like CSS, I have played many many hours and still struggle to get a single kill!
FAMOUS
Home Member

Player: ¦|FAMOUS¦|
TEAM_0:1:18001170

Postby jacobcak545 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:46 pm

Cheap Wholesale Nike Shoes And Clothing
Discount Jordan Shoes Wholesale
NHL Gear
Nike Outlet
Cheap NFL Jerseys From China
Adidas Store